Dogs vs Cats POLL! 🐶🐱

Dogs or Cats?

• Total voters
1642451704807.png
1642451736042.png
It hurts so bad to choose one.....I mean just LOOK at all my babies.....

Cats! Dogs are great and all, but cats just have something about them. We have 8 cats :oops:

6 are rescues and former ferals and our 2 indoor/barn cats we got from someone as kittens. One of ours (named Athena) was a tiny kitten that we rescued from a feed place because her mom hid the litter in a wall and abandoned them. Sadly all the kittens except for Athena ended up dying because of malnourishment. We had to put Athena on IV's for the first night because the shape she was in was horrible. Her poor little eyes were all infected and she had to be bathed asap because of all the dirt and fleas. On top of that all she also had a cold. We soon managed to nurse her back to health and now she is a year old! She grew up a spoiled kitten so time to time she'll try to play with my family like a littermate. She didn't get to be with our other cats until last June (we got her in January) because we were quarantining her. Myrtle, our newest addition, was found and caught by my dad (in August) when he saw her running across a busy intersection. She was only about 5 weeks old! Its a miracle she didn't get run over. Dracula and Elvira are our two indoor/barn cats (we release them into the barn at night when its warm out) and they are the sweetest, they climb up you to give you hugs! Hobbes is our oldest. He's about 12-14 years old. We got him when he was around 2-3 because he decided to literally show up at our doorstep begging to be let in. He LOVES water (not bathes though) and will turn on the water facets to drink straight from the tap. We had to disconnect the sink in our mudroom (where our cats are at night) after he flooded the room 3 times. Purl is my cat and she is a chubby little thing her legs are really short and her head is small. She is so unproportional . I was the one who found her after she ran across a busy road in town and smacked her face into a glass window of a store. She was a kitten and FERAL. My mom said that she had never seen that many fleas on a kitten before. We had to give her 3 bathes to finally be rid of the fleas. Now Purl is 5, almost 6, years old and she loves to lick people. Its her way of showing affection. Onto Lily and Rose, Lily and Rose are the survivors of a group of 4 kittens that we rescued (Doc, Iris, Rose, Lily) and nursed back to health because they had feline herpes virus. One of Roses eyes is super wonky and doesn't even look like an eye. I think she can still somehow see out of it though. (*The following is from 3 years ago*) Anyways, when we went to get Doc neutered (his eyes were finally clearing up and he could see. They were completely glued shut with infection) and Purl spayed (this was 2, almost 3 years ago) Doc managed to catch feline parvovirus and ended up passing along with Iris sadly. Rose and Lily also got the virus and my moms cat Theo (Theo was 10-12 years old at the time. I don't even remember getting Theo because I was really young when my parents arrived with him. I think Theo was 1-2 when we got him though. He was rescued from an formerly abusive situation) ended up passing because of a bad reaction to the vaccine. Rose and Lily had to be hooked up to IV's and on other medications for a couple of weeks but managed to pull through (we gave Athena the leftover IV from this whole experience). Rose and Lily were about 8 weeks old through this all so they lost a lot of kithood with sickness and then recovering. They are amazing cats and we were so lucky that they pulled through. And thats all. Sorry for the long story

Cats! Dogs are great and all, but cats just have something about them. We have 8 cats :oops:

6 are rescues and former ferals and our 2 indoor/barn cats we got from someone as kittens. One of ours (named Athena) was a tiny kitten that we rescued from a feed place because her mom hid the litter in a wall and abandoned them. Sadly all the kittens except for Athena ended up dying because of malnourishment. We had to put Athena on IV's for the first night because the shape she was in was horrible. Her poor little eyes were all infected and she had to be bathed asap because of all the dirt and fleas. On top of that all she also had a cold. We soon managed to nurse her back to health and now she is a year old! She grew up a spoiled kitten so time to time she'll try to play with my family like a littermate. She didn't get to be with our other cats until last June (we got her in January) because we were quarantining her. Myrtle, our newest addition, was found and caught by my dad (in August) when he saw her running across a busy intersection. She was only about 5 weeks old! Its a miracle she didn't get run over. Dracula and Elvira are our two indoor/barn cats (we release them into the barn at night when its warm out) and they are the sweetest, they climb up you to give you hugs! Hobbes is our oldest. He's about 12-14 years old. We got him when he was around 2-3 because he decided to literally show up at our doorstep begging to be let in. He LOVES water (not bathes though) and will turn on the water facets to drink straight from the tap. We had to disconnect the sink in our mudroom (where our cats are at night) after he flooded the room 3 times. Purl is my cat and she is a chubby little thing her legs are really short and her head is small. She is so unproportional . I was the one who found her after she ran across a busy road in town and smacked her face into a glass window of a store. She was a kitten and FERAL. My mom said that she had never seen that many fleas on a kitten before. We had to give her 3 bathes to finally be rid of the fleas. Now Purl is 5, almost 6, years old and she loves to lick people. Its her way of showing affection. Onto Lily and Rose, Lily and Rose are the survivors of a group of 4 kittens that we rescued (Doc, Iris, Rose, Lily) and nursed back to health because they had feline herpes virus. One of Roses eyes is super wonky and doesn't even look like an eye. I think she can still somehow see out of it though. (*The following is from 3 years ago*) Anyways, when we went to get Doc neutered (his eyes were finally clearing up and he could see. They were completely glued shut with infection) and Purl spayed (this was 2, almost 3 years ago) Doc managed to catch feline parvovirus and ended up passing along with Iris sadly. Rose and Lily also got the virus and my moms cat Theo (Theo was 10-12 years old at the time. I don't even remember getting Theo because I was really young when my parents arrived with him. I think Theo was 1-2 when we got him though. He was rescued from an formerly abusive situation) ended up passing because of a bad reaction to the vaccine. Rose and Lily had to be hooked up to IV's and on other medications for a couple of weeks but managed to pull through (we gave Athena the leftover IV from this whole experience). Rose and Lily were about 8 weeks old through this all so they lost a lot of kithood with sickness and then recovering. They are amazing cats and we were so lucky that they pulled through. And thats all. Sorry for the long story
We also have 2 dogs. One is our LGD, Poppy who is a karakachan. Poppy is only a year and a half old so she is still in training. Poppy LOVES people and our sheep lol. Then Eva is our old pitbull who is a sweetheart. Eva is the best dog. She loves being petted and just hanging out.

We also have 2 dogs. One is our LGD, Poppy who is a karakachan. Poppy is only a year and a half old so she is still in training. Poppy LOVES people and our sheep lol. Then Eva is our old pitbull who is a sweetheart. Eva is the best dog. She loves being petted and just hanging out.
If anyone wants pictures I'll get some!

Back
Top Bottom