Dogs...

Pics
Hi all, I thought I would post an update now that this is finally over with. I ended up taking this case to small claims and my court date was today. I won the case, but I ended up with a judge that clearly doesn’t know much about chickens and severely undervalued them. I tried to explain how I had factored in the loss of egg production from my hens and how much it was going to cost to grow out new chicks to laying age, but I guess I hadn’t made myself clear enough, and he decided each one was only worth $10, even after I told him the one I had bought as an adult was $40. Don’t make the same mistake I did if you ever end up in this situation, be clear on how and why your chickens are worth more than 2 cartons of eggs.

Sorry it didn't go better but I'm proud of you for following through with it!

I'm really sorry about this :( I can't say that I'm confrontational, but if someone was that irresponsible there'd be hell to pay.
I hope your flock re-building goes well, and if it does happen again I hope it goes better and the judge listens :| Let us know how the flock delvelops! My heart is with you
Thank you. I did manage to find a feed store that still had chicks a couple of weeks after it happened, and the breeder I got the ameraucana rooster from still had chicks, so I did get 10 chicks not long after the others were killed. They’re 20 weeks old now. I ended up with 3 boys though, so I rehomed one and another had to be culled, but I now have a new blue ameraucana cockerel, and he reminds me so much of the one I lost.
Sorry it didn't go better but I'm proud of you for following through with it!
Thank you

Thank you. I did manage to find a feed store that still had chicks a couple of weeks after it happened, and the breeder I got the ameraucana rooster from still had chicks, so I did get 10 chicks not long after the others were killed. They’re 20 weeks old now. I ended up with 3 boys though, so I rehomed one and another had to be culled, but I now have a new blue ameraucana cockerel, and he reminds me so much of the one I lost.

Thank you
Aww, young chickens are even cuter!

Back
Top Bottom