Votes: 60 25.5%
  • I have 2

Votes: 63 26.8%
  • I have more 3 or more

Votes: 83 35.3%
  • None

Votes: 13 5.5%

• Total voters
I love the sable markings. I plan to get a Sable GSD puppy soon.

choose your breeder carefully. sables, especially "dark" or "black" sable is the latest fad in the GSD world. Lots of people jumping on the bandwagon with no idea of what they are doing. Since the color is most often found in working lines, the wrong combination of parents can lead to some serious issues if the pups go to the wrong home.

I can say, with 100% certainty, that had Singe ended up in a "pet" home, he would have been in the pound before he was 8 months old. He was a serious pain in my ***. But, as his breeder reminds me at least a couple times a month, that is exactly the dog that I asked for. A working dog with a lot of drive and intelligence. He will be 4 next month and my husband still says we can't get another puppy until he forgets how horrible Singe was. It may be a long LONG wait. ;)

Also, if not bred with care, you can get a lot of temperament issues or dogs that have no "off switch"

Quote:
I have been doing quite a bit of research, and I plan to get a puppy who will do well in a family environment. But, I do want to enroll him in personal protection classes to give him a job, and so he must have an off switch. Who did you purchase Singe from?

I got Singe from Shepherds By Design. He is Czech lines, from Policia kennels. There are many breeders in the US who follow the SV standard as well - require both working and conformation titles on the dogs that they breed.

I have two dogs both the same breed bob
rex

Back
Top Bottom