Doh! Ran out of chicken feed...

It use to be that I would leave left overs for my parrots...I have 4...like baked potatoes, veggies, etc....Now, I have two bowls on my kitchen counter...one for parrots and one for chickens, the chicken one is a catch all....left over meals of any kind...cleaning out refrig also goes in that bowl...go to the bread store buy 2 huge trash bags of Hefty packed tight for 15.00 keep that in refrig. next door...I buy groceries in bulk and hit sales, when I do I buy stuff like pasta and oatmeal in bulk....

so I alternate especailly when cold...bread, milk and oatmeal with fruits...boiled and cooked....someone I know said to check with your local sandwich shops to get there left overs!!!! good idea!!!! its free and cuts down on feed....

All good replies so far but wanted to add....lentils or other legumes, cooked whole grain pasta, barley, oatmeal, cooked eggs, dog food, seeds from peppers etc. Mine will wolf down any of these things.

You can do canned corn, peas, mixed veggies, kidney beans, or cook up some frozen peas or corn. Cat food dry or canned (careful with the canned, not too much as it contains a lot of salt). Cooked rice, oatmeal, pasta. Mine LOVE the angel hair pasta - they think it's worms. Fresh fruits or salad fixings are good for them. There is not a lot a chicken won't (or shouldn't) eat.

Back
Top Bottom