Doing a meat breed comparison, White Rocks and Cornish X

Sorry for not updating recently, I can't find my camera! I weighed them last a little over a week ago though, at that point the WR were at 1 pound 3 ounces, the CC at 3 pounds 13 ounces. I will try and weigh them again tonight at roosting time, because I know for sure that the CC weigh quite a bit more than that now! I am guessing the larger CC are around five pounds, and I am aiming at about 6-7 pounds live weight before I butcher. If I do it any smaller I don't get enough meat, I need each bird to feed a family of five a full meal, LOL.
All of the birds, both WR and CC, are both still quite healthy and vigorous. One of the CCs was having some leg problems, but oddly enough it wasn't weight related. I am not sure what it was, she couldn't seem to make her legs go where she wanted them too or something. She was just scuttling backwards instead of standing up. However, I put her in a cage by herself and made sure she had feed and water where she could reach it, and she recovered fully without any other help. She is running around with the others now, I can't even tell which one it is now.

Back
Top Bottom