Doing a necropsy at home?

It is only my opinion, but that looks like ocular Mareks. You would have to have testing either on blood, or after death with a state vet necropsy to confirm it. I don’t know of any other disease that causes that appearance. Some people may only see the ocular form in their flock. Some have that and other types.

Thanks guys!
One last question, I know if it Marek's, her eggs are fine to eat.
If it was some other infection, could that be past to us? In other words, is there any reason to worry about eating them?

Worry about eating the eggs, or 'them' meaning the birds. For meat.
The eggs are usually fine, most viral diseases they get are not zoonotic (can't be passed from them to people). Bacterial infections potentially could be. Most birds that get sick, stop laying, so likely you wouldn't get eggs from them anyway. I only process and eat the meat from healthy birds, never the sick ones.

Worry about eating the eggs, or 'them' meaning the birds. For meat.
The eggs are usually fine, most viral diseases they get are not zoonotic (can't be passed from them to people). Bacterial infections potentially could be. Most birds that get sick, stop laying, so likely you wouldn't get eggs from them anyway. I only process and eat the meat from healthy birds, never the sick ones.
I meant the eggs, which she is still laying every day.
I might just toss them to be on the safe side, as I can't rule out bacterial.

Back
Top Bottom