Another sick chicken

Slicker chicker

Chirping
Sep 20, 2023
Hello again ladies. I have another sick chicken. I just lost my rooster last month from what was suspected Mareks. I didn’t do the necropsy but the vet kind of thought so and I could have done a necropsy but didnt do it. I have lost about half my flock and symptoms have varied. I have a 10ish month old lavender Orpington and she has a very pale comb, weight loss, loss of appetite and I saw clear poop come out of her today. I am at a loss. I had 4 of these Orpington girls and have two left. I have been giving her some colloidal silver, and some poultry cell hoping to treat her. Any ideas what might be going on?

Can you describe the symptoms the best you can? For each hen if they are different? Pictures could also help.

This was my first lavender to die. She was putting her head back and kind of gasping for air. She made a moaning sound if you applied any type of light pressure to her chest. She wasn’t eating and was not thriving at all. Her coloring (comb wattle) was grayish.
IMG_6932.jpeg
We culled her after she just was not improving.

This hen isn’t doing this, at least not yet. Fingers crossed! 🤞🏻 She just isn’t really eating, even treats . She is losing weight, and doesnt engage a lot with the flock. Some are starting to peck at her if they’re near her. She is roosting with the same two she usually does. My other Lavender Orpington and my Easter egger. I’m just at a loss. What I described with the other hen I had the same symptoms with my light Brahma. My dark Brahma just up and died. As did one Cochin. I’m trying to remeber all my losses. This has been devastating. **Oh I forgot the other Orpington started with sneezing!** My last Orpington to die just started acting a little lethargic and I came out to her dead. I’ve had a prairie blue bell and my Cochin too lose the loss of their legs but my blue bell was doing great she just couldn’t walk. She ate, bathed, lived in my house, went camping with me and we ended up culling her because I was informed I was being cruel by keeping her alive and confined to a small area to live. She was my first to get anything weird. I had losses but just with chicks.

Back
Top Bottom