doing the squat is getting them in trouble.

smom1976

too many projects too little time!
11 Years
May 2, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Well I have 4 ladies that squat when you pat them on the back.. we are getting 3 eggs a day.. but anyway

my almost 2 year old loves the chickens.. he goes around petting them and can get a hold of the polish ones.. they are a little slower. But he picks them up nicely and then we help him put them down.. so he goes to pick up a BSL and she proceded to squat.. normally he can get to the bigger ones.. but she stayed so still.. he picked her right up and then he put her down she squated again.. it was a cycle that lasted about 4 rounds. poor girl.. I have to admit I did start feeling bad for her.. it was funny..

and just to let everyone know we do watch him with the chickens and dont let him hurt them at all..

Cute! I can just picture it.

It's funny you mention your polish and kids. Until 3 weeks ago, when we got two Silkies, my polish hens were the only ones my almost 2 y.o. daughter could catch and hold by herself. They seem to be a bit slower and once caught they are very docile and don't mind gentle little hands one bit. Their brothers are much faster and flightier though and stay clear of the kids.

that is how it usually goes at our house to.. The EE is the fastest she doesnt get caught except by the older kids. They sometimes outsmart her.. I wonder if she will squat.

A VIBRATOR .. :eek: for chickens..
lol.png

my 18 month old daughter can out chicken wrangle her father. i think it has something to do with her size compared to me trying to pick them up. its great excercise for her running around after the birds, and its funny.

Back
Top Bottom