Domesticated Pigeon/Dove found. Need help! ATL, Georgia

GAchick30017

In the Brooder
May 29, 2018
Last week, on two different days, two white doves/pigeons showed up at my house. One dove is banded (though no identifying numbers, called all the racing groups, hobby groups, and any group that releases doves (wedding, funeral, etc) with no luck) and the second dove found her way into our chicken coop very happily but our chickens are not as thrilled. They are both clearly domesticated but not related since one is banded and one is not. I've tried two recommended rescue groups in Georgia and they both declined to say they only help wild birds. The one was almost killed by a hawk because it was flying around in the yard, so I'm desperately trying to find anyone to take them and have absolutely no luck. Any advice or recommendation would be greatly appreciated.

Can you capture them and bring them inside? Some animal shelters take in birds, though you’ll want to make sure that they will actually try to find homes for them instead of just euthanizing or “releasing” them.

Last week, on two different days, two white doves/pigeons showed up at my house. One dove is banded (though no identifying numbers, called all the racing groups, hobby groups, and any group that releases doves (wedding, funeral, etc) with no luck) and the second dove found her way into our chicken coop very happily but our chickens are not as thrilled. They are both clearly domesticated but not related since one is banded and one is not. I've tried two recommended rescue groups in Georgia and they both declined to say they only help wild birds. The one was almost killed by a hawk because it was flying around in the yard, so I'm desperately trying to find anyone to take them and have absolutely no luck. Any advice or recommendation would be greatly appreciated.
We are in south Georgia and have a bird farm and will take them. [email protected]

Back
Top Bottom