Dominique Thread!

My two dominicker girls are 4 weeks old today. They are so much friendlier and trusting than my sebrights and previous red sex-links. The one in the picture, Star, is very aggressive for attention. She jumped on my head all by herself!

4 weeks. The neighborhood will not be happy if not girls lol! Of course I have 3 pullet seabrights and the dominant one tries to crow every morning. Oh well!!

Yeah, don't panic yet. I am not an expert by any means.

I have heard of those girls trying to keep up with the big boys!

I cannot have a rooster, so I constantly watch the foreheads on my chicks.

Had GLW that kept me really nervous for a while. At 6 months she does not crow and squatted once recently so I feel a lot better.

This is a picture of my grandmother somewhere in the state of Washington near 1919'ish and I have been told these chickens are dominiques by other people on this forum so I ordered 3 to see if they are anything like these beautiful chickens. My Grandmother is no longer around to ask. My mom found the photo in a box.

So what can you tell me about Dominiques? I am curious to learn about them. All I know is that they are a heritage type of chicken.
Caroline

This is a picture of my grandmother somewhere in the state of Washington near 1919'ish and I have been told these chickens are dominiques by other people on this forum so I ordered 3 to see if they are anything like these beautiful chickens. My Grandmother is no longer around to ask. My mom found the photo in a box.

So what can you tell me about Dominiques? I am curious to learn about them. All I know is that they are a heritage type of chicken.
Caroline
Based on barring pattern I think they are dominiques.

Back
Top Bottom