Dominique Thread!

Good to see the Dom thread being active.  I can finally say that I have some Doms.  Mine are hatchery stock, and nothing to write home about.  Of the 4 I got, one died within the first 24 hours due to hardware store mis-management.  (I'll not be getting birds from them again).  The 3 remaining ones are coming along.  Poor representatives of the breed with legs that are way too long.  I have a feeling that one of the pullets will be crowing before long.  There is a lot of interest developing in this breed in the state of Maine! 
agreed!!! Which is why I want this to be a focus ;) I fell in love with the breed from the start

My first 15 Doms just hatched from eggs I got from DraigAther. And I've got another batch coming from her next week. I would recommend her eggs any day. They were beautifully packed, she sent lots of extras and 16 out of 19 developed and 15 out of 16 hatched. Luckily we're close by so the eggs didn't have to fly, so maybe that helped as well.

I've been trying to get good quality Dominiques for a couple of years now and can't wait to see how they grow out! Hopefully, if all goes well, I'll have eggs and chicks available next spring for folks here in Maine who are looking for them.

My first 15 Doms just hatched from eggs I got from DraigAther. And I've got another batch coming from her next week. I would recommend her eggs any day. They were beautifully packed, she sent lots of extras and 16 out of 19 developed and 15 out of 16 hatched. Luckily we're close by so the eggs didn't have to fly, so maybe that helped as well.

I've been trying to get good quality Dominiques for a couple of years now and can't wait to see how they grow out! Hopefully, if all goes well, I'll have eggs and chicks available next spring for folks here in Maine who are looking for them.

Awww, look at all the sweetie-peas. I'm a sucker for the newly-hatched. :)

Glad you had such a great hatch!!!

congrats! !!! Am patiently waiting for my eggs as well...but not now that I see your chicks lol!!!!!

That is a nice brood of chicks, i do want some one day,but it will have to wait until i get everything set up to handle more grown chickens, i have been building grow out coops, brooders for the little on, plus i work 14 days on and 14 days off, so it is a challenge to stay ahead of the crowd, i have 40 mixed, 20 BR,15 RSL,and 5 BA. I have spent mor of my days off than i have with my wife. I still have to build a house and run for them before they get grown.

Yep44, my Doms were special ordered to the hardware store.  No way would a local store stock anything other than the standard sex links and the common foursome:  PBR, RIR, white leghorn, sometimes EE.

Still looking for my doms, also trying to contact Mr underwood for some reds

. There you go,ggarrat. I am sure you will be delighted with the chicks from draigathar. I will use this opportunity to use this example to promote the Dominique Club as this success story was a direct result from the dedicated members and club officers working together to get stock out to those interested.

I got two Dominiques in a layer collection from Murray McMurray. i'm falling in love! Every time I go to the brooder room, one of them hops up on the brooder frame beside me, as if to say 'There you are, how is your day going?' They are just 5 weeks old and already showing a lot of personality.

Back
Top Bottom