Dominique Thread!

The second one is a lot lighter, the tips of the toes are yellow. Boy?

So you guys know how I got those three 2.5 month old lorps? I had to physically put them outside to free-range today with my doms (they never wanted to go out when I would let everyone else out in the morning so today I put them out). All of a sudden as I'm bringing out the last one I hear squaking behind me. It's my dom rooster chasing the other two lorps around. I managed to grab him and calm him down (it was funny I could hear him huffing due to shortness of breath lol) and then got the last lorp and brought him outside. I noticed during the chase that my rooster had his wings spread out and his back out, in other words he was all puffed up. Does that mean he's in an aggressive protective mode? He doesn't bother these guys when he's in the coop but apparently he likes chasing them around when they're out in the open. What's the explanation for all of this?

Last edited:

Finally got a good photo of this two together. The chick in the front is the one in question. Thanks for all your help in advance.

Last edited:
@jbraswell I am no expert on Doms as mine are only days old, however, those may be 2 girls. Don't get your hopes up yet though, let some of the experts here chime in. Sexing traits at hatch vary with the line they come from. In my chicks, the ones I presume are boys have all yellow feet and are much lighter in the body- lighter than I expected actually.

Well having a roo wouldn't be such a bad thing. I live on a small farm. But only time will tell. My impatience is getting the best of me lol! But thanks for the help.

Finally got a good photo of this two together. The chick in the front is the one in question. Thanks for all your help in advance.

Looks like 2 girls. Give it one more week, and I can give you a more confident answer. It might be the photo, but the one in front looks like it might have a bit of color starting in the comb.... Which I have never seen in a girl that age.

Back
Top Bottom