Dominique Thread!

@centrarchid So sorry to hear about health issues -- that sucks! You have my kudos for raising American Doms especially w/ Voter strain. I hope your excess juvenile birds go to someone genuinely breeding these fine heritage birds!
My stock founded three flocks that persist to this day. Looking for another taker.

Happy Holidays from our Flock to Yours!!! ❤🐓🐣🐣

After getting 3 Dom chicks 3-1/2 years ago we lost one Dom pullet at 1 yr old and one Dom hen at 3 yrs -- so sad, But my favorite Dom hen is still around with one lone 10-yr-old Partridge Silkie hen.
DSCN9456.JPG

We had to rehome to a friend our lovely Cuckoo Breda last month. We had the Breda almost 5 yrs but she started to dangerously harass the old Partridge Silkie hen so we finally decided to re-home the Cuckoo Breda and she seems very comfortable being an indoor pet in her new home!.
char new home 3.jpg

Well, with only the Dom and 0ld Silkie left in our backyard we got two new Silkie chicks (a Blue Partridge chick and a Gold Partridge chick) to eventually incorporate with the two outdoor hens.
DSCN9454.JPG

We were hoping our original 3 Dom chicks would be around for many many years because they have GREAT temperaments and are beautiful egg layers. But we have only one Dom hen left -- we love her to pieces.

Happy Holidays from our Flock to Yours!!! ❤🐓🐣🐣

After getting 3 Dom chicks 3-1/2 years ago we lost one Dom pullet at 1 yr old and one Dom hen at 3 yrs -- so sad, But my favorite Dom hen is still around with one lone 10-yr-old Partridge Silkie hen.
View attachment 2462281

We had to rehome to a friend our lovely Cuckoo Breda last month. We had the Breda almost 5 yrs but she started to dangerously harass the old Partridge Silkie hen so we finally decided to re-home the Cuckoo Breda and she seems very comfortable being an indoor pet in her new home!.
View attachment 2462285

Well, with only the Dom and 0ld Silkie left in our backyard we got two new Silkie chicks (a Blue Partridge chick and a Gold Partridge chick) to eventually incorporate with the two outdoor hens.
View attachment 2462305

We were hoping our original 3 Dom chicks would be around for many many years because they have GREAT temperaments and are beautiful egg layers. But we have only one Dom hen left -- we love her to pieces.
Merry Christmas to you and best wishes for a wonderful 2021.

We had 4 hens at the beginning of the year - one Dominique and 3 Silkies
FOUR CHICS  DANA VIOLET SUZU GINNY  11-13-2021.jpg

Sadly however we lost our 11-yr-old Silkie in May this year
VIOLET   DEC 2021.jpg

But now our 2-yr-old Silkies keep company with the 5-1/2 yr old Dominique hen
DSCN1372.JPG

Here's "Dana" loving to jump into DH's lap. When we took her to our vet to treat Bumblefoot the entire office staff came to "oo" and "aw" over her and pet her. This is one hen that thrives on human attention. She's also very sweet towards the young Silkies. She's a very calm bird but she'll attack any stray cat in HER yard!
DSCN0666.JPG

DSCN1047.JPG

We don't believe Dana or the Silkies know it's winter -- they've been laying like crazy?! We never had a standard hen lay after 5 yrs old so Dana is surprising us.

This thread has been going through bit of a dry spell. I'm getting this guy to refresh my flock.

321071581_683997013429725_4538050378207172004_n.jpg
I’m so glad that you revived this thread! I’ve been reading my way through the whole thing, and was planning on resurrecting it when I reached the end.

I look forward to sharing my Dominiques with you all, and continuing discussion about the breed!

Back
Top Bottom