Dominique Thread!

I am a little upset that my 5 week old Dominique has not wanted an thing to do with me or my family. I am waiting on 3 more to hatch. I will try to hold them more so this does not happen again.

I have a few doms who are less than enthused about being handled. Only one actually (our rooster) is friendly enough to pick up. He was not handled at all as a youngster but is super docile and allows me to simply pick him up and carry him anywhere. I think it just depends on their personality.

Any body no the sex of this dom

I have a few doms who are less than enthused about being handled. Only one actually (our rooster) is friendly enough to pick up. He was not handled at all as a youngster but is super docile and allows me to simply pick him up and carry him anywhere. I think it just depends on their personality.
I am guessing so. Our new brood does not mind at all. The even come out to see where we are if they here someone. Our oldest stays away from us.

Staring at animals is indicative of a predator stare so you don't want to make any animals wary by staring at them steadily.  Quick glances are better or looking off to the side of them so the chicks aren't uncomfortable.

That makes sense now, thanks. I'm not used to small animals! One of them steps into my hand on her own some of the time, so I must be getting somewhere. It would be more fun if they were more curious, but maybe this means they'll be quick to run and hide from hawks! Let's keep things in perspective!

Back
Top Bottom