Dominiques

The black sexlinks, Cinnamon Queens, Leghorns or??
No, not a production hybrid. Are those breeds that were sold nearby? I suppose a Leghorn is a possibility, but that would be a strange way for it to show. My guess would be some gamefowl may have crept in. Not to say it was dishonestly, might have happened unnoticed. I am a complete novice, so take what I say lightly, please! I wish my local Dominiques looked so nicely formed!

Last edited:
No, not a production hybrid. Are those breeds that were sold nearby? I suppose a Leghorn is a possibility, but that would be a strange way for it to show. My guess would be some gamefowl may have crept in. Not to say it was dishonestly, might have happened unnoticed. I am a complete novice, so take what I say lightly, please! I wish my local Dominiques looked so nicely formed!
Oh were you referring to the Dominiques? I thought you meant the birds behind them lol one of the girls was a runt. I wasn't sure she was going to make it. But she did. They are the sweetest girls, next to my black sexlinks.

So happy to hear that!

The two in my flock are decent examples of the range.The little lady below is Dutch she is lean and lanky she also grows slightly curved tail feathers

20190118_160109.jpg
This not so little lady is Hobo, she isn't lanky beyond her toes. This shape is what I grew up seeing.
1580088449975.jpg

The two in my flock are decent examples of the range.The little lady below is Dutch she is lean and lanky she also grows slightly curved tail feathers

View attachment 2149890This not so little lady is Hobo, she isn't lanky beyond her toes. This shape is what I grew up seeing.
View attachment 2149891
Beautiful girls! This is my first time with Dominiques. They are so sweet and friendly. I'm super happy with them.

Back
Top Bottom