Domique chat thread

Hens rule

Songster
9 Years
Jan 28, 2015
US
Hi, welcome to my domique chat thread
smile.png
You can talk about the domique breed or post pictures of your Domiques. This is my Domique pullet laying a egg...

Wow not a lot if people here.

I do not have any Dominques but I would like to get a couple, thought I would come here to read about them. 

Hi, I have a Dominique they are really friendly.
Did you know that they have a rose comb? It looks kind of funny :)

Hi, I have a Dominique they are really friendly.
Did you know that they have a rose comb? It looks kind of funny
smile.png

I did know that. Which combined with their history and ability to forage an evade predators are the reasons I want them.

I wish they had a little larger egg size and bodies but, those are minor compared to the good stuff I have read on them. I personally like the look of a barred chicken, the rose comb is less susceptible to frostbite which is important to me in Minnesota.

What are they like personality wise? How many do you have? Do you incubate or et the hens brood?

I did know that. Which combined with their history and ability to forage an evade predators are the reasons I want them.

I wish they had a little larger egg size and bodies but, those are minor compared to the good stuff I have read on them.  I personally like the look of a barred chicken, the rose comb is less susceptible to frostbite which is important to me in Minnesota.

What are they like personality wise?  How many do you have? Do you incubate or et the hens brood? 

Domiques have good personalitys they are very friendly and smart. I used to have 2 Domiques but one got eaten by a cat. So I have one she is very friendly and lays many eggs. Domiques make up for their small eggs by laying many eggs a day. The most in one day she has layed is about 2. I don't incubate since I don't have a rooster. When we used to have a rooster I let the hen handle the baby's. I've read that Domiques make good mothers. So I would let Domiques be broody. :) Also dominiques do well in cold climates but not to cold. :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom