Don’t want to be a “Bad Egg” WWYD?

I have been selling birds on Craigslist very successfully.

I sell first contact, first option -- but they have to set a time and I tell later respondents that I'll keep their name if my first contact doesn't show.

I *did* hold chicks for someone once because the family came down with Covid, but I had them pre-pay through PayPal and charged a holding fee.

I’ve hemmed and hawed and decided to just grow them out myself. They are a week or 2 away now from being able to sex them. My first 2 batches of chicks I ended up with three quarters of them male so my brooder has cleared out enough to grow them out a bit.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts!
Oh! So happy to hear! Will be lovely to see how they feather out! Enjoy! :)

In the future, just add "First come, first served," and don't mark them "pending." If someone contacts you after someone else, tell hem they are next if the original buyer doesn't show - and give the first one a specific pickup day/time. It's not being a "bad egg," it's common business practice. FB Marketplace and Craig's List do it all the time. Oh - and if the firs buyer comes back now that they're old enough to sex (which was likely their though tin holding ou for their choice of just four) be sure to charge a "started pullet" price, not your original straight run chick price. You have to cover the cost of feed and handling surplus cockerels!

Back
Top Bottom