Donating Eggs? (Upstate NY)

BrindleFinch

Songster
Mar 31, 2018
Upstate, NY
So... this is probably a weird question since most people are here looking up laws on selling eggs, but I'm wondering if any organizations accept dozens of donated eggs? I'm not even sure how I would go about it. I have a lot right now and don't really need any extra income from selling their eggs - I'd rather give back to the community while we're in a position to do so, because that could change at any time, y'know?

I'm in Oneida County, NY. I'm not sure if you even can donate eggs to rescue missions/soup kitchens/that sort of thing? I don't even know where to start looking because googling "donating eggs" and the like brings up donating human eggs, haha.

Any advice would be appreciated.

So... this is probably a weird question since most people are here looking up laws on selling eggs, but I'm wondering if any organizations accept dozens of donated eggs? I'm not even sure how I would go about it. I have a lot right now and don't really need any extra income from selling their eggs - I'd rather give back to the community while we're in a position to do so, because that could change at any time, y'know?

I'm in Oneida County, NY. I'm not sure if you even can donate eggs to rescue missions/soup kitchens/that sort of thing? I don't even know where to start looking because googling "donating eggs" and the like brings up donating human eggs, haha.

Any advice would be appreciated.
I'm in Maryland - and our church runs an outreach program for food. They've been taking garden donations, so I can't imagine they would turn down fresh eggs! If you contact a local church group, I'm sure they have a contact.

If the food banks won’t take them due to food safety regs, I would try the advice above about calling about church pantries. Good luck, and bless you for your generosity.

In my area my neighbor has donated eggs to the local food pantry, and they knew they were from backyard chickens. Good luck!

Did you hear back from any of the places you called?

Back
Top Bottom