Done with my geese!

bufforp89

Songster
10 Years
Jul 26, 2009
Chenango Forks NY
I have decided to sell my pair of brown chinese geese. I cant take the constant honking, them trying to get the ducks,me,kids,ect. Im going to be really sad to see them go but I just cant handle them anymore. They are driving me nuts. I am done with geese for good.
sad.png

Worst part is I never even got to see a goose egg from them. And now I never will.

I posted them on CL but if anyone on here is interested I am in Chenango County NY. Im not going to ship them though.

Sorry they didn't work out for you
sad.png
Hope they find a good home. Maybe try a diff breed of goose (if you are so inclined) in the future. Good luck!

Chinese geese are the loudest creatures EVER put on this earth. I feel for you. I have Africans that are driving me out of my side yard with their incredibly loud honking, and Chinese are even worse. I have a Toulouse, which was an "oops" at the feed store, and even at top volume he's no louder than my chickens or ducks. Don't be discouraged by the noise. There are quieter breeds of geese out there. I hope you find good homes for them.

Oh, that's too bad but I certainly understand. My Buffs make a HUGE racket every morning when they get out. It's really comical as they do all this squawking and honking and eight foot wing flapping. I sure am glad the neighbors aren't any closer than they are as I'm sure they'd have shot them by now. Luckily, that's about it for the day. They make a lot of noise if someone comes here or if there's a dog or predator outside but other than that they're pretty much quiet for the remainder of the day.

Not all geese are as loud as Chinese! Though they all tend to talk at the top of their voices when it is feeding time, or they are excited about something.

Bummer!
hmm.png

Do they have enough to eat or are they in too small
of a pen?
Geese are major grass grazers plus don't like to be confined to small places.

Its true...not all breeds of geese are loud but all geese honk and make a racket soemtimes but usually when you go out to do chores, turn them out for the day or whatever. It shouldn't be constant.

If you try again get Sebastopols, Americans or Pilgrims.

Did you place an ad here on BYC?

I have decided that I am just going to keep them, honestly I wouldnt wish them on my worst enemy
roll.png

They have enough to eat, they free range in my yard which is about an acre and all grass and have 5 acres of woods to rome although they stick to the edges going no more then maybe 100 yards in. They also get cracked corn and layer pellets in the evening before I put them up.

I have just come to the conclusion that I am stuck with these vile animals forever lol. I made plans to give them away to a lady who has other geese but I cant do it. I have a strange attachment to them even though they annoy my to no end. oh well.

Any chance they will get nicer as they mature? They are only 6-7 months.

Any ganders will most likely get worse next breeding season. Most ganders get aggressive toward people to varying degrees during the breeding season plus if you have more than one gander they will fight with each other and most likely need to be penned separately.
Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom