Don't be Afraid to Sell your Chicks in Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you expand from selling from just your farm or ranch in Texas? We aren't allowed to deliver or send birds through the mail (which I would NEVER do and every single hatchery that accepts losses through usps and chalks it up to "part of the business" should be put out of business).

In Texas if you live in town "A" and want to sell in town "B" without registering with TAHC or NPIP, just hatch your eggs in the town and location you want to sell chicks in. Got a friends house to put your incubator? Advertise a chick hatching day and sell from your friends house.

Hatcheries that trust USPS and Tractor supply chicks should be animal cruelty.

TAHC and NPIP are not your friend and they are unconstitutional.
NPIP is pretty clearly constitutional. Unsure where you got your law degree. Perhaps you should consider suing them for the poor quality of their product.

While I have not looked at the specific structure of the TAHC, its general concept also fits easily wihin the traditional and constitutional roles of State goverment. Assuming no consitutional infirmities in the way its leadership is selected, my inclination is "constitutional", though they may overstep their constitutional bounds in some ways - TX is fond of ALJs, for instance (Administrative Law Judges), and there are real concerns when those who administer the rules also set the rules and judge when the rules are being followed - that's not our Constitutional structure at the TX state or Federal Level (though it is permissible in some extremely limited circumstances) - but I don't know that TAHC uses any ALJs - just that if I were looking for constitutional infirmities, I'd start there.

Should keep in mind also that TX is a local (or Home) rule State. Most of the ordinances restricting chickens ares at the local (City, sometimes County) level, not the State level.

As to the rest of your speculation? Long on inference, short on proof. Once again, you appear to be mistaking correlation for causation or inviting others to do so if you don't personally believe the stuff you are spouting.

Last edited:
TSN (Tyson) Sock price, 1990 - 2004

1690032304413.png

S&P 500, same time scale.
1690032620476.png

That's right, Tyson underperformed the market - substantially.

Attachments

• 1690032557837.png
    1690032557837.png
    71.8 KB · Views: 0
Should keep in mind also that TX is a local (or Home) rule State. Most of the ordiannces restricting chickens ares at the local (City, sometimes County) level, not the State level.

As to the rest of your speculation? Long on inference, short on proof. Once again, you appear to be mistaking correlation for causation or inviting others to do so if you don't personally believe the stuff you are spouting.
"stuff you are spouting.".....rude.

That sounds like something an NPIP would say.
Yup that’s me. I have little NPIP antennae and a special NPIP snout trained to sniff out black market backyard chicken sellers!
:gig
All my birds have been locally acquired from people on BYC or local small scale breeders (well I had to drive several hours for some of them), but I am committed to facts and evidence over scaremongering and rumor.
If you have facts to back up anything you are saying I would be happy to listen but I haven’t seen any yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom