Don't kill me...I didn't like goat milk!

awesomefowl

Argues with Goats
9 Years
Jun 5, 2010
raxacoricofallapatorious
I drunk my first goat milk, from a local dairy, the other day, and I must say, didn't like it! Not exactly
sickbyc.gif
, nice and creamy but couldn't stand the 'goat' taste! I do love goats, and own one myself, so its not just a bigoted hatred against goats.
Give me cow milk every time.
thumbsup.gif

Guess it must be inherited. My mother is the same way.

Never had it but I had goat cheese from the samples at sams club and it tasted kind of "tangy". I own some nigerians and hopefully I can milk them when she kids.

I like some goat cheeses with certain things, homeade goat yogurt with a little cinnamon and sugar on it is fantastic, BUT plain goat milk GAG
sickbyc.gif
it is nasty! I too think it taste like a billy goat.

Many people doesn't like rough milk. I never drink rough milk for as long as I live.
But I love other milk products; cheese, butter, etc....
Just think how many good, delicious things you can make from goat's milk!

YAHOOO. Finally, someone that thinks the way I do.
I HATE goats milk. I can pick it up in anything, if someone makes me a cup of tea and puts a splash of goats milk in it I take one sip and (while running to the toilet with my hand over my mouth) yell "you put goats milk in my drink". I'm not usually this inconsiderate and rude at all but goats milk almost makes me throw up.
The milk tastes like what I imagine it would taste like if i licked a goat then proceeded to lick all around the shed it was living in.

We had Nubians and this is what we found out.

We dont have ANY billy goats anywhere. Girls go to the breeding shed once and be done with it and come home.
Once they started milking, area is to be clean, away from the barn or living space.

No smell in our milk or any offensive taste like goaty. Keep your milk ice cold, colder than you normally do. We drink the milk raw.

I've had good and bad goat milk and I would take mine anytime over than the breeder's goat milk. I do not like their cheese. Goaty and got some wang to it.

I don't like goat milk or cheese, either. The goat milk I had was very clean and cold, but I just didn't like it. I guess it's all a matter of what you're used to.

Goat meat, though
droolin.gif

Back
Top Bottom