don't know if I have splash ameraucanas - looking for pics

Another reason why everyone should read feedback on eBay, although this person putting the word Easter in the title of their auctions then Pure in the auction itself might tip you off. The birds and eggs do look really nice though.
roll.png

The picture of the eggs are not the ones they send.

Like other people who sell Ameraucanas, they take their bluest eggs and put a blue light on them.

They sent green eggs, also the chicks I hatched from them should've been from blue Ameraucanas, as they have in the picture...but if that were the case I would have gotten blue, black and splash...instead I got two easter eggers.

It's a confusing auction. While the title says "pure" blue Ameraucana and the text is quoted here below
the photo
is more BW than Blue(blue is solid, not with red and brown accents) and the legs are white, not slate and the Roo pictured in the auction does not have a peacomb.
They sure aren't breeding to the APA Standard for Ameraucanas!!!

"You are bidding on 12+ Ameraucana Hatching Eggs. All eggs come from PURE Ameraucana Stock. These are not common hatchery birds. They all have nice full beards and heavy earmuffs. This breed is sometimes referred to as Easter Eggers due to the color of the egg that they lay.

We love our birds. They have plenty of clean fresh water and grain, as well as veggies to munch on from the garden! Each Breed has their own enclosure, to keep the lines pure. We breed to the American Poultry Association Standard."

Quote:
Just for everyone's information, not all the "other people who sell Ameraucanas" take their bluest eggs and put a blue light on them. What you see is what you get with my eggs and I'm happy to provide several references to folks who are happy to tell you about their experience in getting eggs from me.

Edited to add: And I doubt seriously if I'm the only one as there are a couple of others I know that I'd recommend who don't pull any shenanigans either.

God Bless,

Last edited:
Quote:
Just for everyone's information, not all the "other people who sell Ameraucanas" take their bluest eggs and put a blue light on them. What you see is what you get with my eggs and I'm happy to provide several references to folks who are happy to tell you about their experience in getting eggs from me.

Edited to add: And I doubt seriously if I'm the only one as there are a couple of others I know that I'd recommend who don't pull any shenanigans either.

God Bless,

In the quote that you referenced, I said "like other people"....not ALL other people.

I have actually seen this blue-lighting thing frequently used on ebay. I am not saying anything bad about ALL people who sell Ameraucana eggs.

Please don't take my words out of context, I was only trying to warn people about scammers out there and I have talked to other people who have been scammed on ebay by people who claim to sell pure bred Ameraucana eggs.

Quote:

God Bless,

It's also suprising to me that you are accusing me of blasting ALL people who sell Ameraucana eggs when I can quote YOU...yes, you of saying that other people who sell Ameraucana eggs use blue lighting.

Quote:
Thanks for the info,

I actually wrote thanks for the help before the last person accused me of saying that all Ameraucana breeders were scammers, which I didn't.

Wanted to clear that up, because I have ordered eggs from reputable Ameraucana breeders before and have been very satisfied with egg color and hatch rate.

There's actually a guy on ebay named dealerlarry who breeds Ameraucanas that I've had good results with, and his chickens are definitely pure bred.

It's frustrating because I have filed a complaint with ebay about davis-farms and they threw it out citing that the differences were not that great to warrant a refund. Ebay has no interest in what a pure bred chicken is and if people are selling mutts as purebred.

Quote:
Let me try to be perfectly clear. Calm down. I was not accusing you of blasting anyone. The purpose of my post was to inform and educate others who might read your comments to conclude that all Ameraucana breeders and/or egg sellers were dishonest and I wanted them to know that was not the case.

The purpose of my edited comments was to simply let others know that I didn't say that to toot my own horn or point others to me but rather to say that I'm not the only one who's honest and folks can get what they see.

I can't speak to the folks on eBay because I don't go there looking for eggs. Maybe that's why they're on eBay instead of BYC. Who knows? I have seen the "blue light" thing on BYC as well but at least the folks on here pretty well police themselves and anyone not legit doesn't stick around long.

I obviously offended you and I sincerely apologize for not being clearer with my comments. Emails and posts often miss the "tone" that is trying to be conveyed. I hope this clears things up.

God Bless,

Back
Top Bottom