Don't know this breed

You will probably have to wait for the chick to feather out, but there is a great thread about sexing easter eggers. Its super long but there is good info there. You should repost pics in a about 6-8 weeks.

I was looking at all of your comments and seen that most of you thought he/she was an EE and I looked up and at the breed and most that I saw had black looking feet. This little guy has that so I am thinking he might be an EE is there any specific features he will have as an EE to tell if he is one??

I was looking at all of your comments and seen that most of you thought he/she was an EE and I looked up and at the breed and most that I saw had black looking feet. This little guy has that so I am thinking he might be an EE is there any specific features he will have as an EE to tell if he is one??
I'm still learning about chickens, but I will tell you what I know, and hopefully somebody will correct me if I'm wrong. EE's aren't actually recognized as a "breed". They are just chickens that carry a blue egg gene. There are no standards as far as coloring. They come in all different colors, and you can't really tell what a chick will grow up to look like. Usually they have muffs or beards, the fluffy cheeks. I think they usually have greenish legs as adults. My young EE chicks have greyish looking legs right now. They should lay green or blue eggs, or sometimes brown or pink. That's about all I know about them.

I have 2 ee chicks. One looked just like yours as a chick. They are very friendly, but basically "mutts." Mine both have slate legs. This is a trait of the ameraucauna, which carries a blue egg gene.

Here's mine:

Back
Top Bottom