Don't know what breed or gender you have? Click here!

Thoughts on my 6 week old EEs?

Mr. Big (thinking he is a cockerel!) So much bigger than the others, plus look at that comb!
View attachment 1168513View attachment 1168516

Not sure about this one...but he/she is a sweet little meek bird, so I'm hoping pullet
View attachment 1168517 View attachment 1168520

This one I think pullet?
View attachment 1168518 View attachment 1168519
Yes I believe Mr.Big is a cockerel also.

2nd and third are most likely pullets.

View attachment 1168556 View attachment 1168557 View attachment 1168558

These are two Australorps. Obviously the blue in the last pic is a boy. But what about the black? It's breeder stock, about 8 weeks. Despite the comb not being as big as its brothers, I'm thinking male. Didn't get a close up of the face, but wattles are pretty good size also compared to siblings in the same hatch. Thoughts?
I am 75% sure that he is a boy! Note the tail feathers.......

View attachment 1168556 View attachment 1168557 View attachment 1168558

These are two Australorps. Obviously the blue in the last pic is a boy. But what about the black? It's breeder stock, about 8 weeks. Despite the comb not being as big as its brothers, I'm thinking male. Didn't get a close up of the face, but wattles are pretty good size also compared to siblings in the same hatch. Thoughts?

I’d honestly wait a few more weeks to see if it develops male saddle feathers. I had several females develop early combs and wattles like the black one. And at 8 weeks to me is still small for a male. Just hold out a little longer.

Back
Top Bottom