Don't know what breed or gender you have? Click here!

Pics
Help on breed???? They are just shy of 4 weeks old
IMG_20170604_162628871.jpg
IMG_20170604_174046.jpg

View attachment 1749569 I’m baffled with this white fluffy butt. She came along for the ride from ideal hatchery with my EE pullets. I really hope she is a girl, “she” is 12 weeks and very sweet... What is she?? :idunno
Pullet, and a very pretty one! Are you asking about the breed as well?

If you want Ameraucana cackle hatchery breeds true lavender ameraucanas!
Cackle has Blacks, Blues, and Lavender.
I went to tractor supply they had a sign for "amercanas" whelp they were Rhode Island reds... I picked sixe australorps five were roosters... then I went to another feed store and got yet "amercanas" end up being EEs suppose to be all Pullets yeeeep nope now the marans! ‍♀️ I'm just not winning this year hehehe!!
If you want true Ameraucana, make sure a color/variety is specified. If no color/variety is specified, it's a guarantee you are getting Easter Eggers.

Thank you!! What exactly are Easter Eggers? I'm sorry, I'm just trying to learn as much as possible. I always thought chickens were chickens. Now that we have some WOW there's a lot of different breeds. It's a whole new world.
Easter Eggers are what hatcheries have been breeding since the early 1900s, long before there was a breed standard for the Araucana and the Ameraucana breeds. Many, incorrectly, think that they are Ameraucana mixes. The reality is that they simply haven't been selectively bred to meet a particular breed standard. They are as close to the originally imported landrace that you can get these days.

Back
Top Bottom