Don't know what breed or gender you have? Click here!

olivigus

Songster
Jan 7, 2016
Ben Lomond, California
Any thoughts on the sex of this nearly 6-week old easter egger? I feel confident the others I got at the same time are pullets, but this one has just grown faster and gotten bigger than the others. I haven't noticed much of that upright stance I've spotted pretty quickly in young roos before, but "she" is definitely at the top of their little pecking order.

Attachments

KaylorFarms

Crowing
Apr 3, 2017
Oklahoma
Any thoughts on the sex of this nearly 6-week old easter egger? I feel confident the others I got at the same time are pullets, but this one has just grown faster and gotten bigger than the others. I haven't noticed much of that upright stance I've spotted pretty quickly in young roos before, but "she" is definitely at the top of their little pecking order.
I'm going to say pullet

terrjade04

Chirping
7 Years
Jul 14, 2012
Any ideas on these? I initially thought Cochin for the buff-ey one because it had feathered legs, but it has since turned from mostly dark grey as a chick to mostly ?buff? With a bit of dark grey. Seems to be the same size as the Rhode Island reds we got at the same time. The dark one I am thinking maybe Cuckoo Marans because of the pattern and the legs and beak have a significant amount of black on them. The light one I have no clue. They are about 8 weeks old and we got them from my son’s first grade classroom. They hatched an assortment of eggs as a project. I assume they got them from a hatchery. Sorry the pics aren’t the best...little buggers move fast! Also, if you have an idea of whether cockerels or pullets, I would love to hear.

Attachments

Leahs Coop

Crossing the Road
Nov 5, 2018
Oklahoma
View attachment 1813547 View attachment 1813548 View attachment 1813549 View attachment 1813550 View attachment 1813551 View attachment 1813552 View attachment 1813553 View attachment 1813555

I was given 7 “pullets”. I think they are about 9 weeks old. No idea what breeds they are or if they are all actually hens. I suspect 1 or more may be cockerels. Thanks for any help.
I believe you have 3 Black Sexlinks, 2 Red Sexlinks, a White Plymouth Rock, and a Silver Duckwing Bantam. they all look like pullets right now. But if the bottom one turns out to be a roo he's not a Sexlink

terrjade04

Chirping
7 Years
Jul 14, 2012
Don't know the breed or gender of your chicks? Post here! I can help!
If anyone has any ideas, I am dying to know what these guys and girls are! They are about 8 weeks. Tan one has feathered feet, black has some black on yellow feet and beak is mostly black. The white and gray has a pea comb. I will work on getting better pics.
I posted the other day but got no responses. Any help is much appreciated!

Attachments

discountkatie

In the Brooder
Jun 2, 2019
Central Coast, California
View attachment 1799382 Any thoughts regarding these little cuties? Got them a week ago from a local feed store that had multiple breeds in the bin. I’d guess theyre around 2 weeks old?View attachment 1799381
I’ve got a few updated pictures! I know we’re only a few weeks out but I’m terrible at this waiting game... my golden sex link has a pretty big comb. Still normal for a pullet? We’ve had her 3 weeks now and got her as a chick at the local feed store.

Attachments

Last edited:
Top Bottom