Don't know what breed or gender you have? Click here!

Pics
IMG_20170527_144446.jpg
IMG_20170527_144557.jpg

Tried to type with my pictures wouldn't let me, there's a better pic of his comb and these are the chicks, their moms were a barred rock and Rhode Island Red, I was trying to figure out if they would like him or their mommies.

Tried to type with my pictures wouldn't let me, there's a better pic of his comb and these are the chicks, their moms were a barred rock and Rhode Island Red, I was trying to figure out if they would like him or their mommies.

Ok. The black chick is a cockerel; you did a black sex link cross with the Barred Rock mom and your roo. He will look like his mom, but might have some leakage - probably red.

Your roo is either an Easter Egger or Salmon Faverolle cross. I'm not sure; only way you'll know for sure is if one of his daughters lays blue or green eggs. Then you'll know he has EE. :)

I think it's more probably he has EE.

Cool thank you that helps a lot I have been trying to find something that can tell me what he is I read about how the genes go from mom to baby rooster and dad to female hen so blue green eggs EE gene, so if it's a salmon faverolle mix they will be pink? That's pretty neat. Again thank you.

Bought this straight run silkie at TSC about 2 months ago. im thinking it is a roo. What do you all think?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    617.7 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    334.3 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    352 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    302.1 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    307.9 KB · Views: 7
Cool thank you that helps a lot I have been trying to find something that can tell me what he is I read about how the genes go from mom to baby rooster and dad to female hen so blue green eggs EE gene, so if it's a salmon faverolle mix they will be pink? That's pretty neat. Again thank you.

Yes, with sex linked genes, the mother (being the parent that determines sex since she has the ZW sex chromosomes, while the rooster is ZZ.) passes it on to her sons only. Roosters pass all genes on to either gender. If you get blue/green eggs from daughters (which even if he carries might not happen) you'll know he's got EE back there. Even if he has EE, they could lay brown or pink eggs. You might not know for sure.

Bought this straight run silkie at TSC about 2 months ago. im thinking it is a roo. What do you all think?

Cockerel.

Back
Top Bottom