Don't know what breed or gender you have? Click here!

I'm having trouble identifing this breed. I ordered 5 dark brown egg layers from the hatchery. It said they would be marans or barnvelders. I thought it was a wheaten maran but it has no feathers on its feet. Any ideas?
IMG_20170807_221026.jpg

So does anyone think this is a Black Australorp Pullet. In the first pic with the other it is the one sitting. The others are of the one in question. They are both the same age.
Thanks

Attachments

• photos 024.JPG
    photos 024.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 7
  • black 004.JPG
    black 004.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 8
  • black 005.JPG
    black 005.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 7
  • black 006.JPG
    black 006.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 7
They're at the pecking order stage. You have two vying for lead while the third is not as ambitious. They'll sort it out and as long as nobody is being injured, it's all normal.

I've finally got better pictures of them. They're 20 weeks old this week and one of them is extremely noisy in the morning. I'm sure it's just a moody pullet "puberty" thing going on but I still will find comfort on others opinions of gender for them.
IMG_1296.JPG
IMG_1304.JPG

So does anyone think this is a Black Australorp Pullet. In the first pic with the other it is the one sitting. The others are of the one in question. They are both the same age.
Thanks

One male and female black Australorp

I've finally got better pictures of them. They're 20 weeks old this week and one of them is extremely noisy in the morning. I'm sure it's just a moody pullet "puberty" thing going on but I still will find comfort on others opinions of gender for them. View attachment 1105688View attachment 1105689

The sexlink is defiantly female.
The other...we need close up pics of saddle and hackle feathers

Back
Top Bottom