dont know where to post EGG THAT IS SHAPED like A FOOTBALL

lnfcef81

Chirping
9 Years
May 21, 2010
Georgia
it came from some kind of bantom and looks like a football I havent ever seen one like it any ideas what breed it could be?
58184_edited_photo0313.jpg
58184_edited_photo0314.jpg

Any chicken can potentially pop out an odd shaped egg. I've had some very long eggs, and some that were almost as round as a golf ball. Sometimes they even had lumpy ridges in them (not soft-shelled, just lumpy). And a coupe days ago, I had a HUGE double-yolker pop out.

It would help to know what breeds or mixes of breeds you have.
I have LF brahmas. Several of my hens lay pinkish eggs and from one hen I regularly get eggs shaped like that. We call them pullet bullets.
tongue.png

Quote:
There Old English Game Bantams (OEGB's) and there color looks to be Blue Wheaten.

Chris

Quote:
There Old English Game Bantams (OEGB's) and there color looks to be Blue Wheaten.

Chris

thumbsup.gif

Everybody here is right, you have nothing to worry about. Every hen lays a strange egg from time to time. It's perfectly normal.

I have one girl who always lays that shape- sometimes I really can't tell which side to face up to incubate until the air cell develops!!

wait until you get a reallllly weird shaped egg! I have one that makes amoebas.

thank everyone so much, I'm new with chickens and have learned so much here! I was wondering about that have some eggs in the incubator now and didnt know what way to put that one in.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom