Don't like the taste

egg proof

In the Brooder
9 Years
Oct 6, 2010
I have been giving my chickens' eggs to friends since they started laying in October. I asked a friend the other day if he needed more eggs and he replied, "My wife doesn't like the taste." Now the main reason I went to all the trouble of raising day olds to hens was the taste. Store eggs taste terrible! I just couldn't believe someone would pass up farm fresh eggs for the junk in the supermarkets. Anyone else have this "unnerving" experience?
ep.gif
Incidently, Merry Christmas to all chicken farmers.

Yup. I had someone complain that my eggs tasted too eggy. I was like, "What....? What did you expect them to taste like?"

Some people...

Happy holidays to you and yours!

Well if they are "old" just shake it off. Some old people are that way, they are not open to anything new. I've got two, one says he doesn't like the taste and the other won't eat the eggs but will use them in baking. Another younger friend said she doesn't want to use my eggs in case someone gets sick. She bakes and sells her wares. Besides she can get them cheaper in the store, so I don't care.

Sweety , at my age I know people are all the same no matter where you go. Some people just refuse to grow.

This is life, at least we've got each other.

Rancher

The simple fact is that some people just don't know what "real" eggs taste like. There is a small family run restaurant that we frequent for Sunday breakfast. One day I said to my wife (while eating my 3 over easies) "These are free range eggs." When asked how I knew, I replied "Look at the color of the yolks, and they taste like eggs." Had to ask the owner and she affirmed my guess.

I've had people say "ewww" when I offered them our fresh eggs. They won't touch them. I don't get it. Where do they think the ones come from at the stores? I only give out eggs to the people who I know that will eat them.

I went through this with my dad but not over store bought. We had a lady who we bought eggs from for the last 30 years. Well her body is just literally giving out. She is in her 90's and while she does have chickens she just can't provide much more than her family wants. So knowing this was coming and finally getting to fulfill a dream of mine I started buying chicks and hens. The lady was nice enough to even start out my flock. I feed them the same stuff, from the same place as she does. The only difference is mine are here and hers are 15 min away. They all free range and forage. Somehow mine don't taste as good as hers do and he refused to eat them the first few months. He is past it now but it was a bit frustrating. He is in his 70's and is very set in his way so I know it was just change he was fighting but it was still frustrating. He still says they taste different but he's gotten used to it.

Well, my wife doesn't care for them either!

When I was selling eggs and giving them away I had some people that refused to buy store bought if they could not get farm raised. They would do without.

Back
Top Bottom