Don't make me go......(venting)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by thechickenchick, Dec 27, 2008.

1. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Don't get me wrong, I really like you all! I am just not a big crowd person. Here is the deal. Most people think that I am nuts for thinking this way, maybe they are right! [​IMG] My DH works with his best friend (L). We have tried to socialize with L and his wife, K. She is a very lovely person. She is a great Mom, and she even has chickens! I know! It sounds like it would be an easy thing! Its not. I feel so uncomfortable around her. She is so hard to talk to. I say something, anything! She just looks at me like I am not speaking. People that know her say she is just shy and she will warm up. It has been a year! We have had many uncomfortable events! We just sit and listen to our DHs talk!

Well they are having a game party tonight. It is a dice game that I have never heard of. Everyone there gets together often and plays this. We will be the strange new people. My DH does not like being around people he doesn't know either. The hosts are the only ones we will know. However DH feels obligated because this man is his best friend. This party is over an hour away which means one of us can't drink. Don't get me wrong, I am not a huge drinker but a glass of wine or 2 might make this event a little easier! [​IMG]

I am really dreading it and I feel kind of silly about it. My MIL said that I will prob end up having a good time. I hope she is right. Oh! I feel a headache coming on! WHAT is WRONG with me!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for letting me vent!

2. SouthernLady

SouthernLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2008
    Mississippi
    There's nothing at all wrong with you. I'm the same way. If I didn't want to go, I wouldn't go.

3. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Smile, laugh, talk. Even if nobody is saying much, pipe up and chat. I don't particuraly like social events, but at one, I just try to talk talk talk instead of sitting in the corner texting. Good luck!!!

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Personally I would rather live in the mountains and go to town 4 times a year, but here we are in this wonderful world, trying to get along. If it's really important to your DH, then go and smile and complain all the way home. [​IMG]

5. Beau coop

Beau coop Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    WNY
    Go, try to learn the game, don't be the designated driver leave that to DH so you can have a glass of wine.

Have a time limit of when you want to go home so you can see the "light at the end of the tunnel" so to speak. I find that makes it easier for me.

6. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    i am the same way!..oh my!...it IS hard!..i never know what to say to people...its JUST akward....*sigh*..i feel your pain!...and..ooh..i definatley would NOT be the one driving tonight..*hint..hint*..[​IMG]... i am always amazed at some people..they can just walk in a room and know noone..and make friends in 5 minutes...[​IMG]...good luck to you!..[​IMG]..

7. BeckyLa

BeckyLa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    Two things, in my opinion. First, if the guy is dh's best friend then he, of all people, should understand how you and dh feel and not be upset if y'all choose not to go. Or, if you feel you should go for dh's sake, just do what us girls do best, fake it. [​IMG]

8. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    I hope you can figure it out.

Normally I too HATE TO GO... but once I'm actually THERE, I am ok.

PS: MAKE your DH drive! [​IMG]

9. bheila

bheila Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2008
    Kent, Wa
    Do you have a cellphone with internet access? I would highly suggest hiding somewhere and getting on BYC to chat [​IMG] I totally understand where you're coming from. I avoid all social functions as much as possible. Even family get togethers [​IMG] I'm sure you'll survive though [​IMG]

10. davidb

davidb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2008
    north east Georgia
    Im like that also , but once there you will have a good time

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by