Don't marry a firefighter....

Sheeesh I would have loved a firefighter's schedule...I married a Green beret...when he left it was at least 8 months until I saw him again and most often 12 - 14 months.

He was gone long enough for the wolf to have taken his side of the bed and growled at him when he came home!
gig.gif

Quote:
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif

I had to REMIND myself on Christmas day - when my hubby got called out to a roll-over, that he would be back, and we were blessed that it wasn't one of US in that car... and the good news when he came home that the people in the car were fine, they did get transported to the hospital but were ok.

Now you tell me not to marry him. Well it has been 18 years. I guess we will never learn because we all put up with it. I hate it when I get woke up in the middle of the night for calls and then not be able to sleep in (kids).

Quote:
gig.gif
AND - all fire-fighters are good looking, who can resist!?

Very True!! Even when they are dirty. What I don't like is now my daughter is one and my son is talking about joining when he is old enough. It could be worse.

my husband is in Iraq at the moment, but when the kids were small i used to joke i would stick a picture of him up by the front door so the kids would know he wasn't a stranger and to let him in when he got home!

After his first tour away for six months, he arrived back in the evening after my daughter (3) was asleep, the next morning she snuck around my side of the bed and whispered, whose that man? We had shown her a picture of her dad so often the poor kid thought her dad was a photograph!

i forgot to add, during a fire fighter strike in England, my husband's army unit was sent to cover their shifts. He had the time of his life ridding on the truck and playing with the hoses, he said it was the best week of his life! Its funny, not one of the guys who went complained about the extra work or being away from home, they were to busy having a great time... big kids!

Last edited:
Quote:
That's unfortunate. I hear it all. It sickens me actually. Not only that, they don't even have gear in womens sizes. Sucks. But...she can be in the military with form fitting clothing. Don't even get me started. Ugggh.

they did not have equipment small enough to fit her! 5'5" and a size 0 yet strong as an ox. she decided not to fight them anymore as they drove out all the other girls. she lasted the longest. these were the "juniors", the chiefs werent any better as they allowed it even when brought to their attention. sad as she was very very determined and they kept pushing emt on her, not firefighter as "better for a female". also sad because i always believed better of volunteers. enough of my complaining... sorry!

it's not just the volunteers. You should see how the career boys act.

Quote:
gig.gif
AND - all fire-fighters are good looking, who can resist!?

Very True!! Even when they are dirty. What I don't like is now my daughter is one and my son is talking about joining when he is old enough. It could be worse.

It's them poopie suits. Makes em look sexy.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom