Don't marry a firefighter....

Quote:
Dang girl. that's a vacation in my eyes!
smile.png

Quote:
hmm.png
Bummer - but I can understand why.

You give these BIG boys a hose that squirts water like a MILE away - and they're ALL back to being 12 years old
gig.gif

We were second in the line of trucks, and every now and then I saw the guy in the truck in front of me, BIG grin head pop up with the hose!
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

There were kids running alongside - SPRAY ME SPRAY ME!!
gig.gif

In our town it's cute. there is the firefighter on the end of the bucket and the people at the parade hoses them down with bottles of water, balloons, and them huge a$$ water guns. They are hosed, so hosed.

Sorry to read about women having trouble being accepted as firefighters. I'm a retired fire captain (25years) and I've now been retired 17 years. I was a full time fireman for a larger Detroit area suburban town. Women were just starting to hire on our department a few years before I retired. As an officer I would have never tolerated harassment and as a human being I would have never accepted it. It was an exciting and rewarding occupation and the 24 on 24 off scheduled allowed me to spend a great deal of quality time with my sons. For those of you who want to pursue firefighting as a career, keep trying and don't let the jerks discourage you.

sad.png
Now I'm sitting.

Hubby got a call. Fire on main street in the next town. They called out another town fire dept as well, paged a few times to get EVERYONE out (hubby left his pager here for me)

They also called the rescue unit to get to the next town and be on Stand-by.

sad.png
Its going to be a LONG night!

tongue.png
tongue.png
tongue.png

And when you marry them you know that when big emergencies happen - they will not be home helping you - they'll be out rescuing some bone head!

Big hurricane came here six years ago I had a toddler and was 8 months preggo and the roof partly caved in and water was raining in our living room. Our neighborhood was not under evac orders, it was just our house that was!! LOL! I couldn't evacuate at that point the storm was too bad. Where was hubby?

Off rescuing some nutjob who had decided to row his way out of his apartment (which had been under evac orders) building and was now hanging from a tree in the middle of the raging river his street had become.

People who refuse to evacuate when they are told to shouldn't expect our hubbies to risk their lives to rescue them later.....

PS> my sister wanted to join and was being harrassed and bugged. One of the guys said he didn't trust her to rescue him in a fire. She picked him up and carried up a four story tower. They let her alone after that! (They shoulda known better - she was a Marine - its not the size you look at!)

My hubby is a volunteer fireman for the tiny town that we live outside of. It is his home town. Our town and many around us depend on these men giving thier time. It is rewarding in almost all times. He usually responds to medical emergencies so that he can do traffic control. Unfortunately in this area most people have scanners so when an emergency call goes out you have a bunch of lookers show up to watch and get in the way. There have been a couple tradagies that would have been nice not to have been a part of but that is part of a firemans life. I feel blessed every time he goes out and comes home again. I also know that some day they might be coming here to help us and I am glad he has helped others before. Kudos to all firefighters and other civil servants out there and thier families that support them. As for women on the firedepartments just keep trying and dont give up. We have several and they are as good as the men!! Jenn

Back
Top Bottom