Don't sick and/or get accident if you don't have money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Very true Dunk, very true. Though as to them keeping it... I've seen with my own two eyes folks getting housing, food stamps, medicaid, cash (tanf) and having brand new cars, latest fashions and so on... and they do it for years and years and years. And they don't see ANY problem with it at all... doesn't bother them in the least that they are leeches sucking the food right off their neighbor's table... bankers may have made some opportunities, but they never forced anyone to jump into the pit. Whether you're talking credit/debt or welfare or ... well our society as a whole is just not what we were... personal responsibility has gone the way of the dodo... well no not totally extinct yet... it's gone the way of the gorilla... sure a few folks are fighting to save it, but millions and millions don't give a crap.

It's human nature to want instant gratification. All children want it. As you get older you have to learn discipline. For the last 20 years or so credit has been much easier to get. We can act like the generations before us were so much better disciplined and some were. Those that lived during the depression knew how to do without. As people started getting money again they wanted their children to have a better life than them. So those children didn't have to live in austerity like their parents did. Regulations on lending were put into place to keep the same thing that happened during the depression from happening again. Slowly those regulations were lifted. Combine that with the incredibly low interest rates handed out by Greenspan and you have a nightmare. Everyone gets credit and many people abuse it. It's quite easy to buy that front loading washer and dryer when your old washer goes out. After all there's 12 months free financing. It's just like paying cash.

No. Nobody was forced to abuse the credit offered. A majority of people will take it though. When they have been living in an apartment for 10 years with their 4 kids listening to the people next door fighting every night, then someone says hey we can put you into this nice house for only 200 a month than you're paying to rent. It's an adjustable mortgage but houses go up about 8% per year and you can refinance in 3 years to a low interest loan because you will have 20% equity by then. A lot of people will jump at it.

So no you can't blame the mortgage companies or the CC companies or the banksters. Their job is to make money. That's why we rely on the government to regulate those industries. Not everyone is aware of the pitfalls of credit. That's why the government requires the manufacturer of Drano to put warnings on their bottles. people would be drinking it if they didn't and the manufacturer wouldn't do it because it cost an extra 1/100th of a cent per bottle.

i thought this thread was about the inadequate resources available in India not inadequate health care and government regulation in America?

It was never really clear what it was about. Like all threads that last longer than 5 postings it has evolved or devolved I guess.
sad.png

I know I am coming in late but all I can say is that if we can get rid of health insurance all together then docters would be forced to bring their price down a lot and make it affordable off of the basic income.

I know they go to school for acouple of hundred years and spend millions into school tuition, but because of their "specialty", and that they can charge insurance more, becasue there is more money in insurance, they can make billions.

*sigh* All I can say is what if we all had a heart just like Mother Theresa. (Even if its only half of the population, we can accomplish a lot in health)

There's probably a lot of truth in that. I don't think medicine would have advanced as far as it has without a high profit motive. It comes at quite a price though.

welsummerchicks, we have 'common' life here, everything run normal, but we still have "usual" thing that poor (or more 'non offensive word' -> developing) country have.

such as, lots of corrupt gov. and law enforcement that used to 'trap' people like they were guilty while they weren't.. mr.law enforcement with their fat stomach waiting at the side of road, waiting for prey to find any mistake and got money from car owner. gov. in civilian that ask for 'coffee money' , 'cigar money' and all that birocrat that love to make it harder to apply for any license or permit. and still lots bad thing that seems to be realll hard to clean from this country including racist people and many extremist religion-based organization that love to sweep any hotel for put rule according to their rules..
roll.png

Mulia, I know this is a little off topic, but in your country, when law enforcement stops you, are you presumed guilty until you can prove yourself innocent? Or, are you presumed innocent until you're proved guilty? That makes a big difference a lot of time with law enforcement. I live near Mexico and if you're arrested, you are presumed guilty unless you can prove otherwise, which is sometimes impossible to do. In the United States, you are presumed innocent unless there's convincing evidence that you're guilty.

Quote:
"technically" I'm presumed innocent unless there's convincing evidence that I'm guilty. But, since the case is case "engineered" by law enforcer in order to force us to bribe them, then they've already prepared evidence as proof that made us looks guilty to arrest and force us to bribe them.

and this is a real thing that happen, not my imagination and worse, it happened to our family.
he.gif
and there have been lots of people get this kind of trap by law enforcer.

and do trust me, I made a simple comparison that's not based on survey or such normal way to count but by how many case I read, feel, and heard, in 1000 law enforcer there's only 1 honest and good law enforcer. Simply ask people here that is NOT related to law enforcer such as not their father, mom, son, daughter,etc and you'll find they have almost the same fact as me.
hide.gif

no problem at all, there's no harm in off topic and surely this kind of question did influence and related to bad healthcare, since they're considered fail of giving citizen good protection/service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom