Don't thow the egg ou without doing this!

Glad I read this, but feel immense guilt too! Hope I didn't have any babies thrown out-though this last time, I did have quite a few that didn't hatch and on day 28 I cracked them to see what happened. But before, I never did that. OMgosh! Thanks for sharing!

I tapped on my egg several times, I said i was waiting for it to reply to my "shave and a ahaircut...." LOL you certainly can hear them tapping back and chirping, I was amazed to be able to hear them across the room thru the incubator and over 2 rowdy kids.

If I only knew this 2 days ago
sad.png

I always give them till day 25, tapping them once a day after day 22 and taking a good hard listen @ night. On day 25 if I dont hear anything, I tap them open on the aircell, and see if they are still alive or not, usually not but I have had a couple that were just late goers, and continued to hatch just fine - I had one once I popped a small hole in the top, it was out of the egg in 2 hrs, fully absorbed yolk and everything - I believe it was just lazy
wink.png

chickenGRAFFITI
Don't feel bad, they may have not developed or just quit. I did not know this until this week, so don't feel bad......

Back
Top Bottom