Premium Feather Member
6 Years
Jul 31, 2015
Houston, TX
My Coop
My Coop
PXL_20211022_141500897.jpg

muddy75

Win a BYC calendar in the mini contests!!!!
Premium Feather Member
Aug 17, 2018
southern indiana
My Coop
My Coop
Yesterday was such a long day, and yet I managed to squeeze in a small workout before bed around midnight. We did 30ish Cornish cross, three turkeys, one goose, and one duck. The reason it takes so long as we cut all the chicken pieces up into individual cuts then vacuum seal everything. We also cut up the turkeys. I left the duck and the goose whole, maybe we'll do Christmas and Thanksgiving with those.
Christmas Eve Drinking GIF by Acorn TV
We put all our birds in 5 gal buckets of brine and rest for 48ish hours in the walk in cooler before packaging. We also process in batches of 6 at different ages/sizes for a bit of variety and because we don’t have a plucker 😂

muddy75

Win a BYC calendar in the mini contests!!!!
Premium Feather Member
Aug 17, 2018
southern indiana
My Coop
My Coop
Yesterday was such a long day, and yet I managed to squeeze in a small workout before bed around midnight. We did 30ish Cornish cross, three turkeys, one goose, and one duck. The reason it takes so long as we cut all the chicken pieces up into individual cuts then vacuum seal everything. We also cut up the turkeys. I left the duck and the goose whole, maybe we'll do Christmas and Thanksgiving with those.
Christmas Eve Drinking GIF by Acorn TV
We typically have duck for Christmas….ive never tried goose 🤫🤫🤫

tripletfeb

🙄🤚 I'm afraid it's gonna be a long winter!❄️
Premium Feather Member
Jun 9, 2018
The little farm, northern Ohio
Anyone want to take a while guess at how many steps a Fitbit counts while it's being cleaned in a clothes washing machine?

I didn't even realize that my Fitbit was not on until I just went to move the clothes from the washer to the dryer and saw the green flashing light.
I was wondering why you haven't accepted my invite for the weekly challenges! Now I know you've been cheating! 😂🤣

Top Bottom