Don't you just hate when someone calls you stupid ?

We have classes up the gazoo about how to speak to people. It's mostly for dealing with our clients but it applies to everyone. We are also taught not to ever put anything in an e-mail that you wouldn't want read back to you in a court of law.

That's one of the reasons I don't do FB. The other reason, is that I waste enough time on here. If I really got in to FB I wouldn't get anything done at all.

It sounds like you're technical support. Every time we have a major change they always have a bunch of little issues. We just got updated to Explorer 8 and the interface with our system had some glitches in it. The poor tech support unit was backed up for 3 days. Of course most of us really are stupid. The tech people have a lot of patiemce.

Quote:
X2! I would have had to pop him in his mouth first though...
hide.gif

Same here. I have worked in more than one place where someone who said that would have been at the very LEAST written up, if not terminated.

You're a good egg for letting it roll off your back. The person that said it... well... their words reflected who they are inside.
smile.png

Ok, clearly you know you are not stupid. The best reaction you could offer is on that blows them off and makes them sound like a fool. Such as "Well of course I don't know everything, as you certainly do, I am hopeful you will share some of your esteemed knowledge with this country bumpkin who has a degree on her wall".

Real life example. I injured my knee when I was 13 years old quite badly. I was told at that time, I would probably have pre-age related osteo arthritis and would need treatment. I had one doctor in my 20's that loved and she retired and my company changed to Kaiser. I went to my new doc, took all related paperwork with me and was promptly told "Lose about 50 lbs and you won't have that problem". I looked him straight in his face and said "I may be fat, but YOU sir, are Ugly as sin". And I walked right out.

Last edited:
Quote:
Lol You haven't met me yet have you?

To the OP: By the sound of things it's going to come back to bite him later, so you probably shouldn't even bother thinking about it anymore. You know you're not stupid, so no need to let some random grump ruin your day, right?
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
X2! I would have had to pop him in his mouth first though...
hide.gif

My thoughts exactly. I'm actually a pretty peaceful person for the most part, but if someone outright called me stupid, I would probably punch them in the face. That was my first thought when reading the story. I've had some idiots try to make me feel inferior, but I'm usually pretty good at outwitting them. But no one has ever called me stupid to my face. I literally think I would punch them.

Quote:
Yes FG had it right ...but termination?
hide.gif

Yes, of course. Why not?
You dont talk to people that way in the work place...

Quote:
Yes FG had it right ...but termination?
hide.gif

Yes, of course. Why not?
You dont talk to people that way in the work place...

I feel it shows the name caller for what they are...and it should be handeld between the two involved, if it cant be, then it gos to management. It was wrong, but our society has become very thin skinned, if I had a $ for every time there have been unkind words spoken between co workers I'd be rich and if they had all been fired, we have 50% unemployment now. LOL
old.gif

Back
Top Bottom