Don't You Just Love It......

Lunachick

Chicken Slave
12 Years
Mar 19, 2007
Brick, NJ
big_smile.png
I only have three hens but I've so busy lately that my basket runneth over! And I have 5 chicks coming next week!
big_smile.png

941_3005.jpg

Time for quiche...or something....

I only have 5 and I cant keep up. Luckily my cousin got rid of his chickens to repair the barn so I give some to my gram. I just make the pound cake recipe I got off here for a church function, that used up 10. I still have about 2 dozen.
roll.png
Guess its better than several weeks ago when I had 2 a day.

Last edited:
What a beautiful egg filled basket!

I have 20 hens but only am only getting 10 - 12 eggs per day... I've got some slackers! Or, there are some hidden eggs somewhere in the barn and I haven't found them yet. I keep having this dream that I'll move something some day and find a 3 ft. high pile of eggs!!
lol.png

I have more customers that want eggs than I have eggs for so I need my girls to get on their bums and produce!
big_smile.png

I don't have "customers" I give them away to my sisters and my one close neighbor! And I can't put a sign out front of my house...I don't want anyone to know that I have them, I'm only legal for a few hens, and I don't want to raise any red flags....just in case. You never know with some people....

So, I've been looking at the recipe section which get's me in trouble with all those good things listed there.....
droolin.gif

But doesn't a basket of eggs look nice?!

Ahhh what a beautiful basket! Notice, you arent really "complaining" about having too many eggs... just noticing that you have quite a bounty!
Doesnt it make you feel a tiny bit horrible, about all those times when you were wondering why you didnt have as many as you'd like? lol
I miss all my girls, but I'll have mine again running me outta egg cartons soon.
fl.gif

Give your girls a treat for me! Tell them I said good job!
wee.gif

Quote:
Aww skand....you will be living the good life soon! And getting settled in with your chookies and egg abundance! thank you!

Doesn't it feel nice giving those extra eggs away to those that need them? Good for you Debi!
celebrate.gif
I don't have that many, but sometimes they pile up, and right around the corner is a food bank, so I'm going there with my extras.....
smile.png

This bad economy can show the bad guys and the good guys! May the good guys win!
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom