Dorking?

angnic22

Chirping
Mar 24, 2016
So, this was a mystery egg from MPC I hatched in October. She was marked Fun & Funky. With 5 toes, that helped reduce the possibilities. I'm thinking female dorking. Thoughts?

One with black head, brown/grey body.

Yeah I would definately say she looks like a Dorking. And personally I think she looks rather feminine but that is based on no scientific evidence ;) And by the way that pic of her as a chick is utterly adorable. It looks like she was smiling for the camera.

I don't think it is a Dorking. Your chick looks to have feathered legs and muffed chicks and I believe Dorkings are clean faced and clean legged.

With all due respect, fun and funky is an assortment which could include a dorking. She has the colors. The muffs could be the other half she's mixed with. Well see as she gets old I reckon. Will be fun to watch :)

The only possible dorking trait this bird has is the extra toe. Maybe the color.

Everything about it is perfectly possible out of the predominantly silkie/sizzle mix described in the link. There is nothing to prevent a chick out of this group to have this sort of color(pretty btw), it has leg feathering, muffs, non-single comb, extra toe(from silkie)- all traits very prevalent in this stock.

The far more likely explanation is it's a smooth feather sizzle.

Back
Top Bottom