Dorkings

lbierly

In the Brooder
Apr 10, 2017
Does anyone have Dorkings? This my first time with this breed. They started laying 2 weeks ago and the eggs are smaller than my bantam eggs. I would of thought by now they would start getting bigger.
Is it normal for them to be so small?

I have Dorkings, although only 1 right now.

they seem to be a bit smaller, overall, than others, but like all new layers, the eggs are smaller at first. Once they have been laying for awhile, they willproduce larger eggs. Now that mine (we had 2 female Dorkings) have been laying for awhile the eggs are more typical chicken size.

How old were your dorkings when they started laying? We have 10 month olds and have yet to collect any eggs ☹️ they are free range so I thought maybe they were laying in random places but I kept them in their coop (with an outdoor fenced area) for 3 days and still no eggs.

Our SG dorkings just started laying. Well, I should say one of them started laying. We have five hens and only one has fully matured yet and they are 8 months old. These are our first two eggs

Attachments

• 139EF052-25A4-4821-8433-4E9005FC460A.jpeg
    139EF052-25A4-4821-8433-4E9005FC460A.jpeg
    691.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 1AF7CC4F-C003-40B8-8ABC-708857C51EA0.jpeg
    1AF7CC4F-C003-40B8-8ABC-708857C51EA0.jpeg
    429.2 KB · Views: 4
Just wondering if the eggs ever increased in size. Mine starting laying a few months ago and their eggs are the size of silkie eggs. I hope they get bigger!

Just wondering if the eggs ever increased in size. Mine starting laying a few months ago and their eggs are the size of silkie eggs. I hope they get bigger!
Ours are great producers but I've noticed the size of the eggs are much smaller than our orpingtons/barred rocks/Wyandottes/ameracaunas. They have been laying consistently for about 4 months now and every now and then I'll get a larger egg but normally they are smaller.

Back
Top Bottom