Dosage amount for Ivermectin wormer?

muscovy94

Crowing
15 Years
Nov 11, 2008
Vicksburg, MS
hey everyone. What is the correct dosage amount for this wormer. If i remember correctly it was 1.5 cc's for every half gallon of water. Is that correct?

I never mix in there water, Ivermec is oily and never mixes very well with water.

I use Ivomec Injectable (ivermectin).
You will need a syringe to get ivomec out of the bottle, and you can use it to apply the dosage listed below by holding the birds mouth open, and dripping it into the back of its throat. Another method is to apply the correct dosage to a piece of bread, then feed it to the bird you are treating.
5 to 7 drops orally for adult size birds.
3 to 5 drops orally for bantam size birds.
It is recommended to worm your fowl on a regular basis, and this method will need to be repeated every 2 to 3 months to keep worms under control. In severe cases, you may want to retreat the bird 10 days after the initial treatment, to make sure you take care of the problem.
Ivomec can be purchased at most farm supply stores in the cattle section.
Warning --
Take care not to eat the eggs after treating with Ivomec until the treated fowl has laid at least five to seven eggs.

Chris

I use the Ivomectin pour on. It is .25 cc for bantams and .5 cc for full sized birds. Poured on between their shoulders.

If you want to add it to the water, try Wazine.

Wazine can not be used to treat for all worms. Ivomec is your best bet to kill several types of worms the three primary types that live in poultry. Wazine paralyzes the worms, not kills them, they are eliminated with waste then can crawls away, Ivomec kills them.

Back
Top Bottom