Dosage for Safe-guard Equine Dewormer?

X2

And just FYI, there is no difference in the dosage amounts between the goat dewormer and the horse paste... key words are the ingredients and amount, all of it is *fenbendazole 10%, 100mg/g*... :D
I have just bought panacur aquasol equine. As it seems to have simular to the cattle pig goat and even dog n cat versions . But is half the price or you pay same brice but get 2x the amount . I beleive panacur is the ame as safeguard products. I want to do it in water so i dont stress the birds

It depends if using SafeGuard or Panacur Aquasol, fenbendazole which has no egg withdrawal, or if using 10% SafeGuard or Panacur which does have a 14 day withdrawal time. Aquasol is about $300 here in the US, and the 10% fenbendazole is about $15-35.
Good to know, thank you. I wonder why the difference with the same drug. I did find the SafeGuard Aquasol for $270 and free shipping at Circle C Country Supply online. It's still expensive. Ouch.

What worms do you want to treat? If just large roundworms, yes, a one day dose should work.
Roundworm
For tapeworms, is it something else instead of 1 dose, then repeat after 10 days? The Chicken Health Handbook says benzimidazoles are for tapeworms and roundworms, and that fenbendazole is "effective against most worm species that affect chickens." It says to administer the paste in "pea-sized portions placed inside the beak" and to repeat in 10 days. However, I'm seeing in other places things like dose for 3 days, then repeat in 10, or dose for 5 days. Thank you!

For tapeworms, is it something else instead of 1 dose, then repeat after 10 days? The Chicken Health Handbook says benzimidazoles are for tapeworms and roundworms, and that fenbendazole is "effective against most worm species that affect chickens." It says to administer the paste in "pea-sized portions placed inside the beak" and to repeat in 10 days. However, I'm seeing in other places things like dose for 3 days, then repeat in 10, or dose for 5 days. Thank you!
For tapes you should use praziquantel:
  • Equimax horse paste has 140.3 mg/ml Praziquantel, 18.7 mg/ml ivermectin. Dose is ~0.033 ml per pound, or 0.16 ml per five pounds. Repeat in 10-14 days.

Back
Top Bottom