Double decker on turner

halo

Got The Blues
14 Years
Nov 22, 2007
Florida
My Coop
My Coop
Have any of you accidentally ended up with more eggs than would fit in your turner? So far Ive been pretty successful balancing between the bator and the hatcher, and have been able to use both, swapping eggs from one to the other, but I got myself in a jam. Im putting eggs in the hatcher Monday, but that still wont leave me enough room in the turner for the eggs that are now in the hatcher that need to go in the bator to make room for the eggs that are hatching. (did anyone actually understand that?). The only thing that I can think of to do is to double deck the eggs on the turner for a few days until I get another batch of eggs into the hatcher, which will clear up enough space in the turner to put the extras. Can that be done?

I have no idea what you just asked!!!!!!
lau.gif

(and I read it twice)

I am somehow not surprised, he he he. Let me give you the Readers Digest Version. I have an egg turner. It is full. I have some eggs in another incubator that I have to take eggs out of to put 18 day eggs in. Theres about 12 eggs I need to put in the full incubator. Can I just put them on top of the eggs that are already in the turner? Actually, in looking at the turner, could I place them inbetween the eggs that are in the slots?

I don't mean to answer for someone else but Julie ( Bamachicken) did have a similar problem and doubled them for a short while until she could eliminate some of the duds.
It should be ok for the short term but I would not keep them that way for very long.

Thanks, Im glad to know someone did it once. No, it wont be for long, only 4 days or so.

I just dont know how that happened that I got too many eggs. It just......happened......

What kind of incubator do you have?

Doubling up in a still air could easily raise the temps of the higher eggs above acceptable limits. In a forced air, this will not be an issue.

The bator is a forced air, the hatcher is a still air.

Oh no, no new incubator. Just having two has already gotten me in trouble.

Back
Top Bottom