Double eggs to go?!

Duckfarmer1

Crowing
Jul 23, 2019
Kane,Pa
Today I collected eggs around noon, as I always do, but there was a hen sitting in a favorite spot so I simply collected the sad, simple two that were ready to go and left the egg basket in front of our first barn. This is something I’ve done a thousand times to remind me that I need to go back and get more eggs.

So, I went about the farm to do chores. About an hour or so later I came back and the basket was tipped and the eggs were gone! I was shocked and yelled, “what the heck?” And my hubby ran out of the shed to see if I was ok...lol. So, we wondered if it could’ve been the pullets and cockerels, or the ducks, or some weird animal...and then I said..what about the dogs? But he said, no..they haven’t been out all day. We have a doggie door to our basement.

Much later we had forgotten about the eggs and Chris went down to do the wood stove. He came name up holding a prized possession...the two eggs! He said, you’ll never guess where I found these. Then he said, in the middle of Ruby’s dog bed, all nestled in! Ruby is our 55 lb bulldog, who luckily has very few teeth...lol

She does love baby chicks and she’s let them climb all over her, all only guess is that she was hoping to get broody herself and become a momma to some chicks! Lol
7720D23A-B366-432B-8AA1-529D0FA24B03.jpeg

That makes sense! My dog Arthur LOVES eggs. I have caught him running out of my chicken coop w/ a mouthful of eggs several times. Ruby is SO cute!!
When she was a puppy Chris sent her picture in to Purina for a contest to be on the dog food bag and she won!! But, we didn’t even get a free bag of dog food...lol. We have the bag fanned for proof! Lol

Back
Top Bottom