Double yolk last four eggs!!! is something wrong?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by bald k9, Jul 17, 2010.

1. bald k9

bald k9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2009
    Rural Edwardsville
    Newbie here!Hello I have a beatiful EE that just started laying a few weeks ago, and now the last 4 eggs were double yolks, is this normal? I got her egg from this morning and guess what !!!! Double yolk,! should i get rid of her ? or seperate her? is this normal, I have posted a pic of her and her eggs, the top egg is hers the bottom one is my other EE's [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] and rthe last one is her 2 eggs I eat yesterday [​IMG] thanks for the help

2. sammileah

sammileah Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2009
    central ia
    i was thrilled when i had a hen laying doubles. some hens do that the for awhile when they 1st lay. there is nothing wrong with her, and i don't think it is hurting her even if you could prevent it. my hen was a meaty that never got froozen and i eventualy sold her.

3. bald k9

bald k9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2009
    Rural Edwardsville
    thanks for the info,

4. Jeeper1540

Jeeper1540 Chillin' With My Peeps

congradulations on double yolkers!! i wish mine would

5. imtc

imtc Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 30, 2008
    My EE has given me about 3 or 4 double yolkers and I'm always glad to get them. Most people here would agree...it's like a special surprise. She won't (or shouldn't) continue laying them all the time but enjoy them while you get them.

6. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Yes something is wrong !!! The double yokes were NOT in my frying pan this morning. LOL

Way to go!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by