DOUBLE yolker - yolk Hatched! Video p. 16 ** 13 Week PICS ** p. 51

Congratulations, Rebecca. The chicks are very cute. I haven't watched the video yet (gotta have something to do at work tomorrow!) but I'm sure it's amazing.

Hope you get some good rest and your little peepers are stronger and healthier tomorrow.

clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

Wow!!!! Great job and awesome video!!! Now I can breath..................
jumpy.gif

needmorechickens! :

Here it is...
warning...it is a long video....I had to put it on youtube because photobucket errored out on me...

Enjoy....DH says chickies are up walking around!!!

~Rebecca

That was totally cool! If you were nervous, you sure didn't show it... and you could be a surgeon the way you worked that knife. My heart skipped a beat a time or two at the sight of that thing so close to those babies.
lol.png

GREAT JOB!
thumbsup.gif

I have always wondered how a chicken fits into that egg. Thanks for a fabulous video! That is the coolest thing I have ever seen! Wow!

I must tell you that when I opened the video file the dogs and cat were curled up here on the sofa snoring away. When the peeping started the dogs sat up and gave me the evil eye. The cat went on a hunting spree and he hasn't stopped. Clearly he's trying to find the source of the peeps. He's currently checking under the rug to see if any chickies slipped by him. Dumb cat...
roll.png

Thanks again for taking the time to video. That's pretty spectacular for those of us that don't incubate and never get to see it.

I have to add my congrats on the babies - and I would have been terrified to be opening that egg like you did!!

My first bator hatch is due to begin this coming weekend.

I am so nervous
smile.png
I hope I can be as calm as you when they are pipping and hatching out.

Thanks for the video, too - that was so cool to watch, gonna email a link to my sister.

peace -
Meri

Ok I will try to answer all the questions here...
If they are both girls, they will be named Mary and Martha (my Mom and her twin sister's names!)
gig.gif

Yes Adam, they are Perkins' babies!!
big_smile.png

They are from my mixed pens and Perkins is the daddy...he is a BLRW
love.gif

The mom must be my RIR named Jetty Lou!
I am very proud of them and they are looking really good. Walking a little and everything.

I just delivered the other two from the other double yolker.
sad.png
Only one was alive. The other was full term, but had no eyes...I did video the hatch, but don't think I will post that one....

Yay! I got twins! Thank you for all the wonderful responses y'all!
I was so thankful for your support during this!

Here's another pic taken just about 15 minutes ago!

Web-twins-day-of-hatch.jpg

~Rebecca

Awesome video. You didn't look nervous at all. Congrats. on the new babies. Please keep us posted on their progress and growth.

edited to add: they are so cute. Congrats. again.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom