Doubled The Brooder - So Funny!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Reyvaughn, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Reyvaughn

Reyvaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    Again, I have 2 brooders. One is a refrigerator box on the front porch with the 14 older chicks (3-4 weeks old). Inside one was maybe a 2x4' box. I got 2 more of those boxes and decided to combine them. The 15 BAs and 8 EEs (23 total) were looking a little cramped. Plus, I plan on picking up a few more chicks this week (as if 37 isn't enough already). Hey. I know two are roos and now that I doubled the brooder, I need to replace those roos with 6 more pullets! I also made myself enough room for 9 more chicks in that brooder! Oh, I love this chicken math. It makes so much sense! Anyways, I put the chicks in the new box and I sit to watch the show begin! The chicks are running every where, playing, chest bumping, flapping and pecking! Half an hour later, they are still darting all over! I am sure they are happy to be able to stretch their legs and run without hitting chick speed bumps now.

It's such a wonderful feeling knowing you made your chicks a little happier. And so much fun to watch!!!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by