Doublewide Dwellers?

countrygirl4513

Crowing
15 Years
Apr 14, 2007
Portland TN
I'm just curious as to how many doublewide homeowners (or singles) there are besides me and what type you have?
I have a doublewide Hart Home on 5 acres. I've had so many tell me they never would've known it was a doublewide since it has the 5-12 roof pitch. Any others?

Hi we have a 28x80 doublewide on 9 acres here. most people around here have them as well. As you said when they are that big most folks don't know there doublewides. M

I don't have one but I always loved walking through them. I was trying to buy one but couldn't get financing on a manufactured home. I did find this 100 yr old farm house six months ago and am happy here. My best friend is moving into a double wide on 30 acres this coming weekend. I think it's a very cute home and she will be so happy there, it's a rental but she gets to have chickens, she will be getting Barnvelders and Australorps. The chicken dynasty continues...lol

I may end up in one when I move. The chances of finding a stick built house on 35+ acres, that I can afford, are pretty slim. I've seen some double-wides and modulars that didn't look the part, but mostly I can tell -- they're too perfectly rectangular. I love that some of the manufacturers are starting to put more architectural interest into them so they aren't so easy to spot.

I'm in a '96 28 X 70 Oakwood on 1 acre.

We've taken down all the wall strips, primed and painted every room, (not finished the laundry room yet).

Next, I want new carpet/tile.

we have a 1998 2br/2ba 15x66 SW on an acre, very nice actually, new flooring, berber carpet, all cabinets are red mahogany stain.....wanted a regular house but we wanted some property out of city limits sooooo
got what we could afford right now, and it was still $104k

This is our place, taken back in 2007.Hope the pic is okay, it was from an appraisal photo.
housepics.jpg

I live in a 16' x 72' 1982 Fleetwood Brougham. We bought it from a retired teacher who never married, so it was just her and her elderly mother who lived in it for many years. When she moved up north, she sold it to us. She had vinyl siding put on it, so it still looks nice for being 25 yrs. old. We have it on a one acre wooded lot.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom