Doublewide Dwellers?

I don't know if I count but my family lives in a 40X60 triple wide with an attached garage. We are in the process of residing the house though as it was built with LP siding and no one wants to step up and take responsibility.

We are putting "cultured stone" on it along with some hardy plank, which is made out of a mixture of wood and cement. The place will look more like a stick built when we are done.

Jean

Photos of before and after: (I hope I did it right.)

shousebefore.jpg.w110h83.jpg

ehousebefore.jpg.w110h83.jpg

img_1088.jpg.w110h83.jpg

img_1089.jpg.w110h83.jpg

img_1091.jpg.w110h83.jpg

sad.png
My pictures are too small....

Last edited:
This is our retirement home. I need to update the web page because it's only 11 months now till Ty retires. This page was put together for family because they couldn't believe we weren't doing a "stick built" but after they see it they love it and especially when they hear it's all paid for which was our goal going into retirement.

Welcome to the "Riverhouse"
Jacie

P.S. I love everyones pictures. Such beautiful settings and homes!!!

http://www.carebearjake.com/rh/HOUSE.HTML

i LOVE being able to pay things off sooner rather than later.
my SO doesn't want to live in a manufactured home but i wouldn't mind at all!
those in the pics look great. congrats!
(i also love getting to have more LAND - that's a fabulous trade!!!)

our place was a great find for $104k because it's in a high property value area, 5 mins to the beach, 1/2 mile to the river/ocean inlet. 5 mins to "downtown" one of the oldest on the east coast and favorite hiding place of pirates like pegleg here, he stands downtown by the marina
90050794.JPG
it has a real old smalltown feel
fernandina-beach-historical-district.JPG

We have a Pirate Club
homepage700.jpg

we even have a cool civil war era fort
FortClinch.jpg
our house is on a dead end street and this is a mile or two up the street http://amelianationalgolf.com/video.html

as
long as we have that buffer, it's all good because it just makes our property worth more, not sure if we'll stay with this property or keep it for awile then sell and find something with more land.

Right now I'm in a brick house, but, a few months ago I bought 5 acres way out in the country. It has a mobile on it but it's old and falling apart. I'm going to strip everything I can out of it to redo the 3 outbuildings. (panelling, floor tile, windows etc).

The mobile that's there is 16 x 80 and on a rock foundation. I'll probably replace it with the same size so I can use the same foundation. I've never lived in a mobile home, but my daughter & I sure have had fun looking at a replacement one. I'll be right across the road from her, they have a huge mobile with porch on the front and deck on the back.

This is the south drive from the road...

2229588975_cbc32dbc22_m.jpg

This is the north drive from the house...
2229588977_818da7aeb2_m.jpg

I'm anxious to get this house sold and get moved.

Amen Southern!!! I hate the stereotype we've been given "trailer" or "mobile" mine's not mobile anymore. Even my broker downs me about it. She says they lose their value because they are a trailer. Well I relished telling her that my home has increased in value $25,000.00 since 2004! So says the appraiser!! So stuff that up her nose and take it. But it's the snide attitude people have, "Oh you live in a trailer" Nope I live in my home which tolerated a 200 mile trip from the factory, going 75 miles an hour down the interstate. Can your home withstand that type of hardship?
Mine is drywalled completely, I ordered it that way. 3 bd, 2 bath. HUGE kitchen and familyroom, I love it!
tongue.gif
to all those who think we are trailer trash!!!

Back
Top Bottom