Dove eggs both now have yellow spots.

MrsN05

In the Brooder
May 8, 2016
Im sorry for being annoying, idk what to think.
I'm getting mixed info and just want to know what to do.

Yesterday one got a little yellow mark, we candled it and can clearly see an eye and embryo I assume?

Now tonight I went to turn them and the other has a yellow spot but looks like sap? Candled it and again can see an eye and embryo. We've had them in the incubator close to 12ish days.

They do not smell, there is no "blood line" to incidate they are dead.

So my question is at this point do i stop turning them?

Its hard for me to say if they are moving or if what ever is in there just moves when i put the light to it.

Sorry again for the constant posts. :-/

Im sorry for being annoying, idk what to think.
I'm getting mixed info and just want to know what to do.

Yesterday one got a little yellow mark, we candled it and can clearly see an eye and embryo I assume?

Now tonight I went to turn them and the other has a yellow spot but looks like sap? Candled it and again can see an eye and embryo. We've had them in the incubator close to 12ish days.

They do not smell, there is no "blood line" to incidate they are dead.

So my question is at this point do i stop turning them?

Its hard for me to say if they are moving or if what ever is in there just moves when i put the light to it.

Sorry again for the constant posts. :-/
Posts and asking questions/giving advice is what the group is about.

Yellow spots???? If possible post a picture of the eggs while being candled; the clearer the picture the better.

Ring neck doves take 18 days to hatch, so it's too soon to stop turning the eggs if ring necks are what you have. Hand feeding these squabs when they hatch will be a challenge.

Last edited:
This is the best I could get.

And after they hatch the wildlife rescue will take them, if the hatch of course

Ohhhhh I'm so sad!!!!!!

Just out of curiosity how do you know?
Not that we would ever do this again I'm just curious.

Back
Top Bottom